Windows 10: My C drive space keeps decreasing

Discus and support My C drive space keeps decreasing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]Hello users, My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shah Faisal Khan, Jan 30, 2019.

1. My C drive space keeps decreasing

My C drive space keeps decreasing [​IMG]Hello users,

My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and today its 38GB.

I didn't install any software, nor i did anything on C drive. I tried cleaning using diskcleanup, c cleaner everything but t remains same.

Where did my 9(46-38)=8GB space gone?

I downloaded a software called TREESIZE FREE to analyze the disk usage and I found some issues.

I have attached screenshot.

Can anyone confirms this:

1) WINDOWS folder is of 18GB which consists of some big sized folders. What is the size of your WINDOWS folder guys?

2) Why there is a no_icon folder of 13.5GB space which has som .sys files? Are these necessary to keep or not?

If not, how should i remove them to free up my C drive space?

3) In PROGRAM FILES > WINDOWSAPPS folder, we can see multiple versions of same app (for e.g. I have 3 folders of ASPHALT9 app which has taken almost 5.4GB space). This has caused to take up most of the space. How to get rid of useless older versions of such app folders?

4) In PROGRAM FILES (x86), two folders, MICROSOFT OFFICE and ADOBE has taken up 2.4GB and 1.6GB respectively. This is so huge? Are they having some old uselss files in it? Can i get rid of some space here?

5) USERS folder is also too bulky with 5GB space taken up. It's subfolder APPDATA size is 3.5GB and LOCAL is of 2.9GB. Can i free up some spaces here?

Please see the screenshot carefully and let me know where can i save space.

Thanks.

:)

Shah Faisal Khan, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Jane Lla Win User

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Disk Space on C drive increases and decreases

hello over the last i noticed the disk space increases and decreases on my main drive (c drive) it generally at 64gb space but some times in/creases/decreases by 200-300mb and today it dropped by about 2GB briefly I'm running windows 10 pro (64 bit)

ARSENALTASTIC, Jan 30, 2019
  4. My C drive space keeps decreasing

Help! My C drive space is decreasing!

When I first bought my HP laptop it had 498 GB space on C drive. After I updated to Windows 10 it decreased a lot but now I'm worried because it says it is only 443 GB!

I have 136 GB available out of 443 GB but it supposed to be almost 500 GB!

Where is my space going and why it is decreasing? Is there anyway to recover the lost space?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AgelofHell, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

My C drive space keeps decreasing

1. My C drive space keeps decreasing - Similar Threads - drive space keeps

2. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  3. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  4. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Storage space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage space keeps decreasing: so every time i reboot my free disk space goes down by about 1 gb and disk cleanup shows nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-keeps-decreasing/a4b7be2f-fec1-45a0-83b1-8a5b8c66a364
  6. Storage space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space keeps decreasing: so every time i reboot my free disk space goes down by about 1 gb and disk cleanup shows nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-keeps-decreasing/a4b7be2f-fec1-45a0-83b1-8a5b8c66a364
  7. C drive free space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive free space keeps decreasing: C drive free space keeps decreasing first it was 465GB free of 500GB after installing some apps it became 461GB and now i have not installed any app still the free space has decreased down to 452GB. * Original title: Windows...
  8. Hard Disk space C: \ keeps decreasing day by day

Hard Disk space C: \ keeps decreasing day by day: My disk space reduces day by day, like 300 MB per day. I'm not installing new apps but my disk space keeps on decreasing. Is this normal or my windows needs any changes?[ATTACH]...
  9. My "C" Disk space decreases automaticly !

My "C" Disk space decreases automaticly !: after the last update this is getting started for my pc the system disk space decreases automtaticly it only stops when it reach 0 free space , then I remove some stuff to free some space and restart my pc , the problem start again .-. I tried to check my space usage by...
  10. My C Drive Keeps losing Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My C Drive Keeps losing Space: My C Drive Keeps losing Space and yesterday i had 14gb then it went to 799mb and it keeps going down every 5 mins https://gyazo.com/182ef0a5ec8d7333e470531c33c7e1e1.png after 5 mins https://gyazo.com/b05daf23a10fb45995330bc49c01a8fd.png 31443

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive decreasing space