Windows 10: My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind...

Discus and support My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My C disk goes from 128 gbs free to 0 in a matter of minutes the shocking thing is that my laptop cant handle such speed. I turn off my wifi, it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OrkaWhaleXD, Sep 20, 2020.

1. My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind...

My C disk goes from 128 gbs free to 0 in a matter of minutes the shocking thing is that my laptop cant handle such speed. I turn off my wifi, it goes back to normal, once i turn it back on this shit still continues. I haven't visited any mallicious websites, and havent downloaded anything suspicious. My AVG antivirus hasn't noticed anything weird aswell, which makes this more or a mystery for me. What is the reason behind this?

submitted by /u/OrkaWhaleXD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OrkaWhaleXD, Sep 20, 2020

2. Size of "C:/system volume information" file size jumping to +9Gb for no reasons on an SSD drive

In your subject line you said this:

Size of "C:/system volume information" file size jumping to +9Gb for no reasons on an SSD drive

This statement is incorrect. The TreeSize picture you posted says that this folder consumes 4.3 MBytes. This is 2,000 times less than what you think.

Here are the folders that consume the most disk space:

• 10.3 GBytes - Program files
    • 24.2 GBytes - Windows
    • 6.5 GBytes - Users
    This is very reasonable and represents no cause for concern.

Frederik Long, Sep 20, 2020
  3. C drive filling for no apparent reason

Hello, these few days I have been continuously using disk cleanup and deleting junk in the temp files to free up space in my C drive. After that, it only saved up around 3 GB of space which were then used up again, and my drive is almost full again. I
    am not downloading any programs or anything, so I have no reason why it keeps filling up. When I try to clean up now, I'll only be saving KB's of space, and the temp files are not filled with junk. Please help.

BrightPopz, Sep 20, 2020
  4. BunnyJ Win User

My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind...

10 Reasons to Upgrade to IT’S FAMILIAR

Simply listing apps that you don't have to use as a reason not to use Win10 is silly, IMO. If you listed bugs then that would be a valid reason.

BunnyJ, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind...

1. My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind... - Similar Threads - drive started fill

2. C-Drive being filled up for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-Drive being filled up for no reason: Hello,I'm a Windows 11 user.I was checking my storage space but I noticed that there was only 3.3 GB of space available out of 146 GB of space.I have manually shifted all of my downloads into my D drive so i'm unsure as to why this is happening.Can someone help me with this?...
  3. C-Drive being filled up for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C-Drive being filled up for no reason: Hello,I'm a Windows 11 user.I was checking my storage space but I noticed that there was only 3.3 GB of space available out of 146 GB of space.I have manually shifted all of my downloads into my D drive so i'm unsure as to why this is happening.Can someone help me with this?...
  4. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  5. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  6. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SSD C: drive filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD C: drive filling up for no reason: I restarted my computer and had 30 gigs free, I then turned it off and and turned it on the next day, and it only had 8 gigs left. What is going on? I have ran disk cleanup, cleared temp folder, everything is updated, and am currently running a full scan with malwarebytes....
  8. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

My C: drive is filling up for no reason: A few days ago I had over 170 GB free space on my C: drive, and yesterday when I checked I only had 50 GB free space. I checked the Apps & Features, uninstalled all the apps I don't need, I also went Settings > System > Storage and checked for what fills up the most storage,...
  9. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

My C: drive is filling up for no reason: I have recently been added a 1TB D: drive in my PC besides the 222 GB C: drive I had before. And since then for no reason my C: drive starts to fill up from 150GB free space to 46GB free space, it stays like that for a few days and then goes back to normal, and then again...
  10. My C drive keep filling up for no reason :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My C drive keep filling up for no reason :: Few days ago after I updated windows to 20h2 version, I noticed my C drive is filling up for no reason. I have scanned my PC via AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes but all is good and clean. I ran CCleaner as well to get ride of junk files and have deleted %temp% files but still...