Windows 10: My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb

Discus and support My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reset my PC and in the process I used my old laptop to get my stuff over For some reason the C drive is now the same as my old laptop I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToastLeafs, Sep 20, 2020.

1. My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb

I reset my PC and in the process I used my old laptop to get my stuff over

For some reason the C drive is now the same as my old laptop

I can't locate the missing space I tried in partitions

Also I tried cmd Diskpart List disk

The missing space does not show up

submitted by /u/ToastLeafs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToastLeafs, Sep 20, 2020
  2. invent(2) Win User

c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

c users greg one drive has 3 gb and I need all this space I bought the acer cloud book with 25 gb and have .8 free on my documents I only have 400 megs used I did properties on all of drive and found 5 gb on c users greg and 3 gb was for one drive
    properties I need help to del 5 gb to free this up as ms update fails as not enough space....

I suggest you to delete the unwanted data and unused applications to clean up the drive.

5 gb on c users is the only large gb I found others must be hidden in c system files for the other 20 gb

I can buy a 64 gb flash drive for 20 dollars is there a way to move the 5 gb in c users to this?

You suggest to delete the unwanted data..... I need to know what you mean data as its all c users greg 5 gb and in this c users greg one drive 3 gb and you said this will do me no good to delete.... so is the 20 gb all in the c system hidden files?

thanks

invent(2), Sep 20, 2020
  3. NjnBat Win User
    Unable to shrink the C drive beyond 455 GB

I was trying to partition my 1 TB hard drive in new windows 10 laptop from HP by using disk management tool . I would like to keep the following partition sizes:

C Drive : 200 GB

D Drive : 400 GB

E Drive : 300 GB

However I am unable to proceed as the shrink cannot be beyond 50% and it doesn't allow Volume C to be less than 455 GB.

Will I be able to successfully shrink it to 200 GB in c drive and does it have any disadvantages doing so?

NjnBat, Sep 20, 2020
  4. My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb

1. My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb - Similar Threads - drive went 400

2. My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?: I made a video which is 20 GB then when i posted it on yt then i deleted it then it went back to 30 GB. Next day, Its at 2 GB!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-drive-went-from-30-gb-to-2-gb-in-one-night/bd6973cb-a814-4e72-9d2f-f988ee61daad
  3. My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?: I made a video which is 20 GB then when i posted it on yt then i deleted it then it went back to 30 GB. Next day, Its at 2 GB!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-drive-went-from-30-gb-to-2-gb-in-one-night/bd6973cb-a814-4e72-9d2f-f988ee61daad
  4. My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing: my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-have-250-gb-but-my-drive-d-only-have-1/67399cf1-5f1f-464b-9aab-bb729481ecea
  6. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing: my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-have-250-gb-but-my-drive-d-only-have-1/67399cf1-5f1f-464b-9aab-bb729481ecea
  7. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off: I had low HD space left on the C drive. THe drive has always been compressed. Last night I powered off the PC with 5 gb free space, powered on this morning and now 151GB remaining. The drive is an SSD. Ideas?...
  9. Over 400 GB used last month, 300 GB from the System.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Over 400 GB used last month, 300 GB from the System.: So recently I wanted to check my wifi usage because I almost went over my 1 TB limit. I then saw that "System" has used over 300 gigabytes since last month. Any reason why, and how to bring this amount down? [ATTACH]...
  10. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

in Windows 10 Support
    400 GB upload to OneDrive failing: I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 forum question or a OneDrive forum question. I have about 400 GB on a drive on my PC stored as J:>Music>Lossless>Artist>Album>tracks. I am trying to upload it to OneDrive to a folder Music. I am dragging the folder from J: to OneDrive...