Windows 10: My camera and MTP driver not working

Discus and support My camera and MTP driver not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I reinstalled windows 10, the MTP driver and camera stopped working. When I enter the camera it says That it requires the media feature pack for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elio Abi saad, Mar 27, 2021.

1. My camera and MTP driver not working

When I reinstalled windows 10, the MTP driver and camera stopped working.

When I enter the camera it says That it requires the media feature pack for N and KN versions"

I have installed the feature but its still didn't work.

I have tried to install the MTP driver but it doesn't work.

My windows is updated to the latest version. I have tried to update the MTP driver but there is no update for it.

Please HELP!

:)

Elio Abi saad, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

MTP not working

Hi Neeraj Chimwal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please answer the below questions:

1. What is the version of Windows you are using?
    2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Media Transfer Protocol(MTP) allows media files to be transferred
    automatically to and from portable devices. Devices using MTP have a USB connection that allows users to connect the device directly to a computer. To transfer the files we require a specific driver, if the driver is corrupted, we come across
    these issues.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Media feature pack.

I would suggest you to install
    Media Feature Pack.
    Select the edition as 1803 and follow the on screen instructions. Once the installation is done, go back to
    C:\Windows\INF folder and search for "wpdmtp.inf" file.

Method 2:
    Install the MTP driver.

Step 1:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Select the driver, right click and select update driver.
    4. Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.
    5. Now select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    6. You will have a list, select "MTP USB Device" and click on next.

Step 2: If MTP USB device in not listed in compatible hardware, then manually install the MTP USB driver.

1. Click on Action > select
      Add legacy hardware.
    2. Select install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced).
    3. Select "Portable Device" > Now, select
      MTP USB device and start the installation.
    4. Now MTP device will be visible under compatible hardware mentioned in the
      step 1.

Method 3: Modify registry.

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer Microsoft article on
    How to back up and restore the registry
    in Windows

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Navigate to the following key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
    4. Click Edit menu on top and select
      Find.
    5. Type Portable Devices into the box and click
      Find Next.
    6. Check for UpperFilters from the right pane and right click on it > Select
      Delete.
    7. Close the registry and check if MTP issue is fixed.

My camera and MTP driver not working 47ce4291-aeed-4260-bb91-eede36dc7714?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Cole_538 Win User
    USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Mar 27, 2021
  4. My camera and MTP driver not working

MTP issues SM-G900T (Galaxy S5)

Ok Im having an issue where I have the Samsung ISB driver installed on Windows but when I plug In it searches for mtp driver it fails so i cant access the phones storage

I am using a Modified Rom called Bobcat Rom from XDA forums it is based on KKVersion for SM-G900F. My phone is G900T using this rom (Shows as G900F).

I need help with getting mtp to work. Even switching to camera mode it looks for mtp driver...

eidairaman1, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

My camera and MTP driver not working

1. My camera and MTP driver not working - Similar Threads - camera MTP driver

2. Mtp driver broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mtp driver broken: so basically i cant seem to update mtp driver usb nor replace it with some other driver because whenever i plug my phone into my pc it just doesnt want to recognize it i tried everything by manually installing or using other softwares or going on google for help and im...
  3. Having problem to update MTP Driver

Having problem to update MTP Driver: [ATTACH] As you can see suddenly I having problem to update the MTP driver, it's keep showing me this message. I tried all possible solution from internet but I didn't find the right one. Please help me with the solution....
  4. Problems occurs in installing mtp drivers.

Problems occurs in installing mtp drivers.: Hello, I had been trying installing/updating mtp driver from device manager and the problem appears to be like this:- Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.The install class is not present or is invalid. So, anyone...
  5. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  6. MTP Driver Windows Home N

MTP Driver Windows Home N: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home N Version 1903 and when i connect my Android device the MTP driver not install corect.. Can everyone Help me ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mtp-driver-windows-home-n/8431d0a2-beb2-4378-9e31-6d6c622a3de2
  7. MTP USB driver not working correctly

MTP USB driver not working correctly: I have a Windows 10 computer that will not complete the set up for the USB connection to my Motorola Moto G6 phone. I can see the phone listed in Device Manager, but under the Other devices section. When I try to update the driver, it says there is an issue with the driver. I...
  8. MTP not working

MTP not working: Hi. Whenever I connect an android device to my laptop with MTP selected, I can not see my device in "This PC". I have tried updating windows, updating all drivers,etc. Also I searched for "wpdmtp.inf" file in C:\Windows\INF folder but it is not available there. can...
  9. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...
  10. MTP driver error

MTP driver error: Hi, My LGV20 is working perfectly and is recognized by other computers. I go to Microsoft Page and download the MTP driver. I go to LG Page and install the universal USB LG mobile phone driver, and it says that I don't have the MTP driver installed. I have spoken to...