Windows 10: My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

Discus and support My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I go into the preinstalled camera app it can take pictures, when I go to take a video as soon as I press take a video the image goes blank, stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GEOJANIK, Jun 26, 2022.

1. GEOJANIK Win User

My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

When I go into the preinstalled camera app it can take pictures, when I go to take a video as soon as I press take a video the image goes blank, stays like that for a few seconds, stops recording, and then it shows my face again, when I click on camera roll it says "unsupported video type or invalid file path" and when I go to photos it says "sorry, photo's cant open this file because the format is currently unsupported or the file is corrupted. I use windows 10

:)

GEOJANIK, Jun 26, 2022
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

Photos and Camera apps broken

My MS Photos app is no longer displaying photos, or videos. If I double click on any JPG the Photos app opens but displays a blank white screen. If I try to reset the app from Settings/Troubleshooting I also get a blank white screen when I select the Photos app.

If I right-click on a JPG in File Explorer and select the "Open with" menu option the process freezes before opening the list of apps. I need to kill the Explorer process in Task Manager to recover it.

If I capture a video using the MS Camera app I can see it in the "Collection" list when I open the Photos app, but the thumbnail is grey and the video does not play back when I click on it - I just get a blank white screen.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - OS Build 19043.1706.

Any idea how I can fix this?

3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jun 26, 2022
  4. My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

Photos app not importing my photos from my camera

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to import pictures from camera? Do you get any error message?
    • Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?

Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see
      Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    Also Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope it helps. Please let us know on the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

1. My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark - Similar Threads - camera app photos

2. Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?: The camera app takes a while to load in and when it does, I can take a photo but not a video. I'll press record then wait about 10 seconds until the error code "0XA00F4249" appears. I just got my laptop wiped from a previous school account where I had no problems using the...
  3. Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?: The camera app takes a while to load in and when it does, I can take a photo but not a video. I'll press record then wait about 10 seconds until the error code "0XA00F4249" appears. I just got my laptop wiped from a previous school account where I had no problems using the...
  4. camera does not take picture or video

camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  5. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  6. camera not taking photo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not taking photo.: My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-taking-photo/4182b13e-5223-4b94-ac29-2b69e7af6387
  7. camera not taking photo.

camera not taking photo.: My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-taking-photo/4182b13e-5223-4b94-ac29-2b69e7af6387
  8. My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark: When I go into the preinstalled camera app it can take pictures, when I go to take a video as soon as I press take a video the image goes blank, stays like that for a few seconds, stops recording, and then it shows my face again, when I click on camera roll it says...
  9. camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off: hi does anyone know how i can get my camera to stop taking screenshoot photos. it wont load to take a photo or video and tells me that "we werent able to save your video" then "we cant find your camera " i wanna pull my hair out...
  10. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...