Windows 10: My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app.

Discus and support My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It will take a snapshot and records video just fine but doesn't show me live screen. I've tried going into app settings and repair and restart and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DennisCope, Dec 12, 2023.

1. My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app.

It will take a snapshot and records video just fine but doesn't show me live screen. I've tried going into app settings and repair and restart and also driver update but this doesn't help. The live screen works with ZOOM so it seems to be a software issue. Any suggestions of a solution?

:)

DennisCope, Dec 12, 2023

2. my camera app shows a black screen

I did all steps described in your email, but the camera app still shows a black screen. Also skype and other tools do not allow use of the camera

henkde wilde, Dec 12, 2023
  3. KatrineCY Win User
    download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Dec 12, 2023
  4. My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app.

My newly bought HP laptop 15s-fq2xxx camera isn't working

My newly bought HP laptop 15s-fq2xxx camera isn't working, the camera screen is black when i open the camera app.

Lucky Gabriel Bondoc, Dec 12, 2023
Thema:

My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app.

1. My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app. - Similar Threads - camera app laptop

2. My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera app on my HP laptop gives me a black screen when I open the app.: It will take a snapshot and records video just fine but doesn't show me live screen. I've tried going into app settings and repair and restart and also driver update but this doesn't help. The live screen works with ZOOM so it seems to be a software issue. Any suggestions of...
  3. My hp laptop screen is going black when unplugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptop screen is going black when unplugged.: Hi, It all started with the screen suddenly blinking when on battery and as soon as I plug the AC cable it would work just fine, even if I unplug it later. A few days after, the problem became worse, the screen would go extremely dim and blinks a lot, but would work with the...
  4. My hp laptop screen is going black when unplugged.

My hp laptop screen is going black when unplugged.: Hi, It all started with the screen suddenly blinking when on battery and as soon as I plug the AC cable it would work just fine, even if I unplug it later. A few days after, the problem became worse, the screen would go extremely dim and blinks a lot, but would work with the...
  5. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  6. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  7. Black screen on my Laptop HP

8. My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.: Whenever I am opening my camera app, i can only see black screen, Its my laptop running on windows 10 and the camera name is Hd user facing, the device has updated drivers of 10.0.19041.488 but still i am facing this issue, please help me resolve this....
  9. black screen on camera app

black screen on camera app: my camera on my HP laptop is not working - just have a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-camera-app/6f0e70d8-d3a7-4a28-ad76-49e532c15543
  10. My PC boots and gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC boots and gives me black screen: Hello, I recently installed the latest windows update. I restarted my computer and when it booted I got a black screen when it was updating my PC. I then went into safe mode and tried everything there and it still didn't work. I had the last option of reset. This worked and I...