Windows 10: my camera does not work.

Discus and support my camera does not work. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My camera does not work. I have tried consulting the online support but no success... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by patienceolagunju, Jun 30, 2020.

1. my camera does not work.

My camera does not work. I have tried consulting the online support but no success

:)

patienceolagunju, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 30, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

my camera does not work.

Camera does not work.

Hi Raffyy,

An outdated or incompatible camera driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the camera is recognized correctly in Device Manager.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the camera driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click Imaging devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding camera driver to install and update.

Note: If there are no imaging devices, it indicates that there is no camera configured or it is a camera hardware failure. We suggest that you contact
    your system manufacturer to report the status of the machine as we don’t want to void the warranty of your device.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

my camera does not work.

1. my camera does not work. - Similar Threads - camera does

2. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  3. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  4. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work in windows 10: going through the "Troubleshoot camera issues" of windows help and/or rebooting the PC used to work, still the problem was always present. Now the camera simply does not work. Device manager indicates that the device works fine, but it does not...
  6. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera does not work in windows 10: going through the "Troubleshoot camera issues" of windows help and/or rebooting the PC used to work, still the problem was always present. Now the camera simply does not work. Device manager indicates that the device works fine, but it does not...
  7. Camera does not work in windows 10

8. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  9. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

[Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  10. my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting

my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting: My camera on my Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 does not work when I try to connect with a webex meeting. the camera settings seem fine, but the video icon on the meeting site does not open....