Windows 10: my camera does not work.

Discus and support my camera does not work. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My camera does not work. I have tried consulting the online support but no success... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by patienceolagunju, Jun 30, 2020.

1. my camera does not work.

My camera does not work. I have tried consulting the online support but no success

:)

patienceolagunju, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 30, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

my camera does not work.

Camera does not work.

Hi Raffyy,

An outdated or incompatible camera driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the camera is recognized correctly in Device Manager.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the camera driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click Imaging devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding camera driver to install and update.

Note: If there are no imaging devices, it indicates that there is no camera configured or it is a camera hardware failure. We suggest that you contact
    your system manufacturer to report the status of the machine as we don’t want to void the warranty of your device.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

my camera does not work.

1. my camera does not work. - Similar Threads - camera does

2. Windows camera does not recognise Facebook as a background app?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows camera does not recognise Facebook as a background app?: My camera does not recognise Facebook in the list of background apps. My logitech camera is not recognised when I try to do a facebook live from my PC. Can someone please help me with this...
  3. Logitech camera does not work on Windows 10 64Bit?

Logitech camera does not work on Windows 10 64Bit?: Hello Community! I have a technical problem with my Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920. I have contacted Logitech support, but they told me that they can't help me because my warranty has expired. Now for the problem: I'm using the Logitech Capture App right now. The...
  4. does my computer have a camera that I can record myself

does my computer have a camera that I can record myself: is there a camera on my computer and how can I access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-computer-have-a-camera-that-i-can-record/0d68bf5d-0fb6-45fc-a843-de73f1f0e0ad
  5. My camera in zoom app works does not work properly outside

My camera in zoom app works does not work properly outside: My camera in zoom app works while I am inside the house. Once I bring it outside Patio, It is all white and only shows blurred shadow. Is there a setting to adjust this?...
  6. [Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help

[Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help: I run Win10 on my tower and I can't seem to get the camera to turn on via the Camera app or Discord as I only get a blacj screen. It sits there turned off until a program activates it best way to describe it. It works great with video capturing programs like Skype, HTC,...
  7. Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help

Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help: I run Win10 on my tower and I can't seem to get the camera to turn on via the Camera app or Discord as I only get a blacj screen. It sits there turned off until a program activates it best way to describe it. It works great with video capturing programs like Skype, HTC,...
  8. Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909): Hi! I like to turn off unused services on my laptop. I have a laptop that supports a Windows hello camera; when my services are on default settings this works, but when I turn a lot of them off, it doesn't work. Obviously, I turned on the biometric service (WbioSrvc) and RPC...
  9. Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?: Camera App closes as soon as it opens on my Sony Vaio laptop. Camera works fine on Skype and Zoom. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app, and it still does it....
  10. Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.: Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app on laptop but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. Error message is SKYPE Camera is not installed or being used by another application and GoTo Meeting Webcam is not detected...