Windows 10: my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices

Discus and support my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices, it's still not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EvansSamuel, Oct 10, 2019.

1. my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices

my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices, it's still not working

:)

EvansSamuel, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    IMAGING DEVICE DRIVER NOT SHOWN

Hi,

An outdated or incompatible camera driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the camera is recognized correctly in Device Manager.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the camera driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click Imaging devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding camera driver to install and update.

Note:
    If there are no imaging devices, it indicates that there is no camera configured or it is a camera hardware failure. We suggest that you contact
    your system manufacturer to report the status of the machine as we don’t want to void the warranty of your device.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Oct 10, 2019
  4. my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices

AsusT100 camera stopped working after installing Windws10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer. Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and devices
    troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.

I suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Camera.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to un-install and
    re-install webcam drivers. Follow the steps:

Uninstall the webcam driver from “Device Manager”.

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Expand Imaging devices.

• Right - click on your “Webcam” and then select “Uninstall”.

• Restart the computer for changes to take effect.
    Now go to the manufacturer website and install the drivers and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices

1. my camera has stopped working. please, what should i do? i have uninstalled the imaging devices - Similar Threads - camera has stopped

2. Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?: This started about a year ago. My spacebar would randomly stop working for days at a time and I would use on screen keyboard. It would sometimes randomly turn on but go off after a while though. Past 6 months it hasn't worked. I had my friend take it to someone and all she...
  3. Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?: This started about a year ago. My spacebar would randomly stop working for days at a time and I would use on screen keyboard. It would sometimes randomly turn on but go off after a while though. Past 6 months it hasn't worked. I had my friend take it to someone and all she...
  4. Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I uninstalled my Wifi Driver, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my Wifi Driver, what should I do?: Hi.Yesterday in the morning before I went to school my Huawei D14 laptop could connect to the wifi. When I opened my computer at night I tried to connect my laptop to the wifi but it wouldn't connect. When I try to connect it to the internet it says "No Internet" but my phone...
  6. I uninstalled my Wifi Driver, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled my Wifi Driver, what should I do?: Hi.Yesterday in the morning before I went to school my Huawei D14 laptop could connect to the wifi. When I opened my computer at night I tried to connect my laptop to the wifi but it wouldn't connect. When I try to connect it to the internet it says "No Internet" but my phone...
  7. I uninstalled my Wifi Driver, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The Fall cumulative update has stopped working what should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Fall cumulative update has stopped working what should I do?: To whom it may concern: I had a Cumulative Update reminder this morning and I started it. But it has been over 2 hours and nothing seems to have happened. The computer shows the lock screen but it won’t open? What is wrong?...
  9. Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do?: Ok so, this is pissing me off way too much. Out of a sudden, today, windows decided to make my image wallpapers stop. I use a collection from OneDrive that I constantly update, and that was the case today, downloaded some new ones and stuff, and now, pressing the "next...
  10. What is Device Census - I do not have a camera!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is Device Census - I do not have a camera!: What is Device Census - I do not have a camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-device-census-i-do-not-have-a-camera/6ae907ef-38c0-400a-92b7-4754343bf5cc