Windows 10: My camera has suddenly disappeared.

Discus and support My camera has suddenly disappeared. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went to log on to a Zoom meeting today and it was unable to access my camera. The error said that they couldn't find my camera, but the camera app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EmilyFarr, Jan 31, 2021.

1. EmilyFarr Win User

My camera has suddenly disappeared.

I went to log on to a Zoom meeting today and it was unable to access my camera. The error said that they couldn't find my camera, but the camera app is on my HP Spectre and the camera settings is set to on and gives accessibility to all of the apps I need the camera for. I've tried to follow the troubleshooting tips with the device manager, but I can't find the items it wants me to. I've done all of the computer updates available.

:)

EmilyFarr, Jan 31, 2021

2. Windows10 Camera Suddenly Stopped Playing MP4 Videos

Hi Michael,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows 10 Camera, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this article, and follow the steps/instructions to resolve
    your camera issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2021
  3. my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsc...n-the-windows-camera-app-fails-to-launch.aspx

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Manosman Win User

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

My camera has suddenly disappeared. [​IMG]

Manosman, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. My camera has suddenly disappeared. - Similar Threads - camera has suddenly

2. My Microsoft Bing icon has disappeared off my taskbar suddenly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Microsoft Bing icon has disappeared off my taskbar suddenly.: I don't know how that happened. I used to be able to click on the Bing icon on the taskbar to find out details of the day's Bing wallpaper. Now that Bing icon has disappeared off the taskbar suddenly.How do I view the details of today's Bing wallpaper now? How can I bring...
  3. Built in camera has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in camera has disappeared: Hi, would appreciate any advice. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon PC operating Windows 10, my inbuilt camera has disappeared from Device Manager. The Camera App shows the below error message. My professional IT support guys have tried and can't fix the issue. I have...
  4. my web camera has disappeared from my computer after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my web camera has disappeared from my computer after update: my camera can not be found on my pc after an update on windows 10. looked in device manager tried to update drivers also tried installing a new web cam by adding legacy hardware but will not let me puzzled....
  5. camera has disappeared

camera has disappeared: my camera has disappeared. lenovo ideapad - it had stopped working with my zoom and now has disappeared altogether from my device manager. please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-has-disappeared/e576b8d6-f9ae-4202-b71b-2e4ea6bd3abc
  6. My camera disappeared

My camera disappeared: My camera is no longer available. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-disappeared/9a8612e5-f47a-4ae3-83c8-cae7bc571150
  7. My Camera has disappeared

My Camera has disappeared: I am running windows 10 but cannot find my camera.... It has disappeared.... What is the best way to find it and restore function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-disappeared/ffe5c4c4-6989-4e38-bdbf-4c7c36dc2675
  8. My camera disappeared?

My camera disappeared?: Have an ACER desktop. When I bought the pc last June, I used the webcam to record video for a crowdfunding campaign, obviously I havent used it much but now the camera's just not showing at all. Far as I now it was an included app. So what on earth do I do? It's Windows 10....
  9. My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

My D drive has suddenly disappeared.: I was browsing around on the internet and then my computer completely froze up, so I shut it down and when I started my computer back up, the D drive was suddenly gone. It doesn't show up in File Explorer, Disk Management, Device Manager or anything. I have tried re scanning...
  10. Camera disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera disappeared!: when I tried to use my WebCam I get error message cannot connect to Camera. I have tried to fix the drivers I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the camera and it keeps saying the same thing over and over so I called Microsoft they walk me through it told me to uninstall my...