Windows 10: My camera isn't being detected when plugged in via USB

Discus and support My camera isn't being detected when plugged in via USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Sony camera. I forgot the name, but it's not one of those small cheap cameras. I try and plug it into my computer via USB, plugging one end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenB_333, May 30, 2019.

1. BenB_333 Win User

My camera isn't being detected when plugged in via USB

I have a Sony camera. I forgot the name, but it's not one of those small cheap cameras. I try and plug it into my computer via USB, plugging one end into the camera and the other into the computer. Nothing pops up like "We're setting up your device" or Photos doesn't pop up. I went to device manager and it still doesn't show up there, it's like it's not plugged in at all. I need to transfer photos for a project that is due tomorrow, but I can't transfer the photos because it's not detecting the camera. I've tried using the other USB ports, and it still didn't work. On the camera, there is an option that lets you transfer photos to a computer, but it doesn't work because it thinks my camera isn't plugged into my laptop. I don't have an SD card slot, which is annoying because I could have also used that. But this isn't my only problem. I accidently deleted a video and don't know how to recover it. Is there a way to recover it just using the camera? If anyone could solve these issues soon, then I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ben.

:)

BenB_333, May 30, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 30, 2019
  3. ENTO USB Camera

Hi Ralph,

For us to properly install your USB camera, we need to make sure first that the camera is still detected on your computer. Do access your Device Manager and see if the camera is still there. If so, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to help us diagnose and address the problem.

To access Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting once it's up.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and Devices.
    • Click it and follow on-screen instructions.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 30, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. My camera isn't being detected when plugged in via USB - Similar Threads - camera isn't being

2. My USB headphones are not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB headphones are not being detected: So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device...
  3. My USB headphones are not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB headphones are not being detected: So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device...
  4. My Microphone isn't being detected by my pc...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microphone isn't being detected by my pc...: Good Evening,My microphone that I just bought Elgato Wave:3 is not being detected by my pc, so I can't even troubleshoot it. It is not available in the microphone settings or anything else I've tried....
  5. My camera isn't being detected

My camera isn't being detected: I just got this plug and play camera driverless, but when I'm connecting it to my pc it isn't being detected. In device manager, there are 2 for some reason devices called WEBCAM and I can't seem to find fitting drivers, anything in the camera's box that will help me. When...
  6. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.: The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage. I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state...
  7. Web Camera Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Camera Not Being Detected: Hi all! I'm having an issue with webcams not being detected; I tried 3 different cameras, which all worked some time ago (I last used my webcam around May for online school, and now that I'm back to distance learning I really need to figure this out). The camera app isn't...
  8. CAmera is not being detected by my computer

CAmera is not being detected by my computer: Split from this thread. My windows 10 laptop camera is not working , there is an a error code shows0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-being-detected-by-my-computer/06beb05e-1a6c-4d95-b239-09623e410b9f
  9. camera not being detected

camera not being detected: I have an hp 22-b215m all in one with a built in web cam nothing can detect the camera tried all the trouble shooting in Microsoft still doesn't detect anyone else having this problem...
  10. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected: Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it...