Windows 10: My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager

Discus and support My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried everything: My Camera is built into my Monitor and everything is brand new out of the box. I tried HP Chat support on Thursday and swear on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JenniferWheeler2, Jun 20, 2020.

1. My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager

I've tried everything: My Camera is built into my Monitor and everything is brand new out of the box. I tried HP Chat support on Thursday and swear on my honor the agent gave me an emoji middle finger because he didn't understand the type of monitor I was using and tried to get me to buy new cables that are not for my device, so I asked for a new person who could understand my new monitor and he flipped me off instead. I cried ..... I need help.

1. All-access is on in the app settings.

2. I've Reset the device and restarted the computer. Numerous times.

3. I've unplugged the HDMI cable and replugged it in and restarted the machine.

4. I have no camera listed on my keyboard for the function button and camera button at the same time fix ... so that won't work. My f6 button is a fast forward key on my keyboard.

I've watched Youtube videos but do not know what to do next? Obviously it's got to be a device driver that's not getting recognized, but I don't know how to fix the error and now I am hesitant to contact HP support as the monitor is so new no one seems to know how to help me fix the error. It is the common error everyone is referring to:

My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager 294696cd-db83-4ab0-8ab9-3e610d46bec2?upload=true.png

:)

JenniferWheeler2, Jun 20, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 20, 2020
  3. FigenIsik Win User
    built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, Jun 20, 2020
  4. My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager

1. My camera isn't recognized in the Device Manager - Similar Threads - camera isn't recognized

2. Camera isn't showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera isn't showing in device manager: Hi, my camera isn't working also im not able to see camera section device manager and i tried downloading driver manually but im not able to see in acer site and acer says camera driver is provided by microsoft > please help...
  3. Windows isn't recognizing my tv as an audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows isn't recognizing my tv as an audio device.: I am trying to connect my Windows 11 laptop to a TV. The display is working fine but the audio isn't working at all. The HDMI cable and TV work perfectly with other laptops. My Laptop also won't recognize any other HDMI device. My laptop does not recognize my TV as an audio...
  4. my device and driver not recognized my camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my device and driver not recognized my camera: Please help fix the driver this drive unspecified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-and-driver-not-recognized-my-camera/5102939d-189d-448c-8b11-34c4f91414c9
  5. my device and driver not recognized my camera

my device and driver not recognized my camera: Please help fix the driver this drive unspecified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-and-driver-not-recognized-my-camera/5102939d-189d-448c-8b11-34c4f91414c9
  6. my device and driver not recognized my camera

7. Give this another try: My laptop is not recognizing my camera, but in device manager it...

Give this another try: My laptop is not recognizing my camera, but in device manager it...: Greetings: Let me try again. I thought it can't hurt. I have a camera that has always til now worked fine with my windows laptops, I have the calbe it came with, Canon cable, canon camera, but this morning it stopped being recognized and thus, I was not able to transfer...
  8. Camera and Device Manager

Camera and Device Manager: My camera app has the error "We can't find your camera" with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and camera is not showing up in device manager. I have tried so many things, including making sure the camera is turned on in privacy settings, checking that my...
  9. My microphone isn't listed in the Device Management

My microphone isn't listed in the Device Management: My laptop's built-in microphone hasn't been able to record audio for a while, so I tried various methods online to try and fix it. I then realized that the microphone wasn't a device listed on the device management. I looked up some ways to fix this issue online but couldn't...
  10. CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER

CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER: ERROR MESSAGE (CAMERA NOT FOUND) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-in-device-manager/d81a9029-d6ad-48e7-a1ac-78196a6ce2dd