Windows 10: My camera light comes on but no image is visible

Discus and support My camera light comes on but no image is visible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new Dell Inspiron and am having trouble with my camera.On calls or using the app. the camera light comes on but I just get a black box where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HARISHVASUDEVAN1, Nov 29, 2021.

1. My camera light comes on but no image is visible

I bought a new Dell Inspiron and am having trouble with my camera.On calls or using the app. the camera light comes on but I just get a black box where there should be the image.Tried trouble shooting but didn't help.No error message comes up.What could be the issue?Any help deeply appreciated.RegardsHarish

:)

HARISHVASUDEVAN1, Nov 29, 2021
  2. surfing69 Win User

Integrated Webcam light comes on BUT NO image

I have win10 64 bit (uptodate) on my 10 yr old lenovo B570 laptop which has an integrated webcam

In March 2020 i was able to use the camera during a Skype meeting.

However when i tried to join a Teams session, the light came on intermittently but whilst I could see the people on the other end, they could not see me.

I tried the following trouble shooting steps without any real success - very occasionally 1% of the time, when i clicked on Camera from the start menu, i saw an image, but when i reopened the Camera, light ON plus controls but no image

1. ensured privacy settings were all set to ON - which they were anyway

2. removed Skype and Teams from the laptop

3. . uninstalled the camera - which was originally located under Imaging Devices in Device Manager and then reinstalled (scan hardware changes) the camera which was now located in the new location under Cameras . The setting Imaging Devices had disappeared.

4. went to the Camera app and Reset it.

5. searched on Lenovo site for new drivers but there weren't any

6. did windows updates

7. downloaded Lenovo Vantage app which failed to see the camera under devices settings.( i need to contact them about this)

8. the camera currently has windows drivers installed as the best drivers

The question is, why has the camera stopped working now when it did 2 months ago? I am aware that since that time, there has been some large MS windows updates and so i have to wonder if the is a connection?

surfing69, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

How to use the Camera app

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 29, 2021
  4. My camera light comes on but no image is visible

Camera pics of Lumia 640XL coming dark in low light

Hi all.. My Lumia 640 xl camera good in low light also ,but after couple of months usage pics have become dark. Camera good in day light but at night and low light places it has become pathetic. I have upgraded to latest denim 8.1 update 2 and also updated
    camera apps too. It is a software issue or hardware , As for both front and back camera facing same issue. Please give ur suggestions .

Pavan Kumar Y, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

My camera light comes on but no image is visible

1. My camera light comes on but no image is visible - Similar Threads - camera light comes

2. My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.: I had a zoom meeting 2 weeks ago and discovered that my windows camera had stopped working. Since then, I have tried to troubleshoot the problem, reset, and repair the camera, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.Each time I switch on the camera, the light...
  3. My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.: I had a zoom meeting 2 weeks ago and discovered that my windows camera had stopped working. Since then, I have tried to troubleshoot the problem, reset, and repair the camera, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.Each time I switch on the camera, the light...
  4. My camera is not working as I can see the light only but no image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera is not working as I can see the light only but no image.: I already tried the method mentioned on the FAQ box. But still it's not working. My system model is 82C7 and manufacturer is Lenovo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-as-i-can-see-the-light/058e5fb4-cfcc-4103-a5b7-38831bed5746
  5. My camera is not working as I can see the light only but no image.

My camera is not working as I can see the light only but no image.: I already tried the method mentioned on the FAQ box. But still it's not working. My system model is 82C7 and manufacturer is Lenovo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-as-i-can-see-the-light/058e5fb4-cfcc-4103-a5b7-38831bed5746
  6. My camera light comes on but no image is visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera light comes on but no image is visible: I bought a new Dell Inspiron and am having trouble with my camera.On calls or using the app. the camera light comes on but I just get a black box where there should be the image.Tried trouble shooting but didn't help.No error message comes up.What could be the issue?Any help...
  7. Camera light on but no image coming Windows 10 - Lenovo ideapad S340

Camera light on but no image coming Windows 10 - Lenovo ideapad S340: Hi, My laptop integrated camera has stopped working. I have tried all the options mentioned below: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/camera-doesn-t-work-in-windows-10-32adb016-b29c-a928-0073-53d31da0dad5 None of them have worked yet. I have also checked the...
  8. Camera visible but not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera visible but not working: My webcam is a printer now? This issue started about 2ish months ago were my webcam just disappeared one day and was replaced by my printer, my printer still works, but not the camera. edit: My microphone just went out too! [ATTACH]...
  9. Integrated Webcam light comes on BUT NO image

Integrated Webcam light comes on BUT NO image: I have win10 64 bit uptodate on my 10 yr old lenovo B570 laptop which has an integrated webcam In March 2020 i was able to use the camera during a Skype meeting. However when i tried to join a Teams session, the light came on intermittently but whilst I could see the...
  10. Camera will not come on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera will not come on: My camera on my windows 10 computer is showing that it is on but nothing is coming up like it is just a gray with a picture of a camera with a line throw it. I just got my screen fixed and I do not know if they did something that I can not fix or if I need to have them relook...