Windows 10: My camera only sometimes works.

Discus and support My camera only sometimes works. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop, currently with Windows 10 although it is possible that it had not always Windows 10, and this year, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Michael Nowak, May 8, 2020.

1. My camera only sometimes works.

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop, currently with Windows 10 although it is possible that it had not always Windows 10, and this year, the built-in camera suddenly stopped working; whenever I opened the application, the computer claimed that no camera was attached which is absurd, because the camera is a part of the computer. I have read a few questions and answers in the help topics and the community on this site, and have considered the possibility that one of my many updates could be to blame;but sometimes, the camera does work, albeit less often and for a shorter time than it does not.

I have also considered the possibility that the mechanism is damaged, which would make perfect sense of the "no camera attached" error message. Some days, I have my computer on for a long time and/or it gets very hot, so after shutting it down and closing the monitor lid, I turn it upside down to help it cool off I own no laptop cooler, although a relative of mine has one; maybe, just maybe, this has put pressure on the camera?

:)

John Michael Nowak, May 8, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 8, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 8, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

My camera only sometimes works.

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, May 8, 2020
Thema:

My camera only sometimes works.

1. My camera only sometimes works. - Similar Threads - camera sometimes works

2. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera works only as audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  3. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera works only as audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  4. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.: this happens in two laptops. One is HP and another is dell. sometimes, the keys won't register when you press it. It feels like it comes and goes. The most unreliable key is backspace. some times it stops working for 10 seconds and then works perfectly for a while and then...
  6. My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without...

My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without...: Hey everyone, So my laptop has a camera built into it and for the first two years of owning my laptop, my camera did not work. I could not access it through drivers and I could not use it on any apps such as zoom or discord. However, for about 9 months or so, my camera just...
  7. My camera sometimes doesnt work at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera sometimes doesnt work at all: So i bought an external camera for my pc with no software just plug and play. Sometimes it works all the time, but sometimes it just magically stops working it shows that there is a camera i select it and it just shows nothing i try to restart windows but nothing i replug it...
  8. Only works sometimes

in Cortana
    Only works sometimes: Why the hell does Cortana on work when it wants to? And why isn't MS doing anything about it. I've tech support several times and they get it to work but 5 minutes later it stops....
  9. Mobile hotspot works only sometimes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot works only sometimes: I'm trying to connect my iPhone 8+ to my Dell Inspiron 5558 using the Mobile Hotspot. I can sometimes get it to connect, which it will only last for a couple hours before it disconnects and when I try to reconnect it tells me that I have an incorrect password, which I know is...
  10. Night Light works sometimes only

Night Light works sometimes only: The Night Light feature only works half the time for me. It's really annoying. I click it and wait and nothing happens. Restart the computer and then it works again. No explanation. submitted by /u/jamescholden [link] [comments]...