Windows 10: My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.

Discus and support My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I am opening my camera app, i can only see black screen, Its my laptop running on windows 10 and the camera name is Hd user facing, the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohammad AbdulMannan, Feb 12, 2021.

1. My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.

Whenever I am opening my camera app, i can only see black screen, Its my laptop running on windows 10 and the camera name is Hd user facing, the device has updated drivers of 10.0.19041.488 but still i am facing this issue, please help me resolve this.

:)

Mohammad AbdulMannan, Feb 12, 2021

2. my camera app shows a black screen

I did all steps described in your email, but the camera app still shows a black screen. Also skype and other tools do not allow use of the camera

henkde wilde, Feb 12, 2021
  3. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated.

when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached.

I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But in the there the webcam device is not even present.

I tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. In Device Manager, on the Action  menu, select  Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    1. If your webcam still doesn’t work, visit the webcam manufacturer’s website.
    I also tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

1. Select Start > File Explorer.
    2. In File Explorer, select This PC, and then select your OS disk, usually called OSDisk (CMy camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app. :).
    3. Under Home, select New folder, and then type Camera Roll as the name of the new folder.
    4. Press and hold (or right-click) the Camera Roll folder you just created, and then select Include in library > Camera Roll.
    5. Try taking a picture. If you see the same error message, try the next solution.
    Could please someone help me?

Thanks.

It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian
    means "Camera activated". I have an Acer Swift 3 that i bought in December 2019. Could please someone help me?

Roussel Folas, Feb 12, 2021
  4. KatrineCY Win User

My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app.

1. My camera shows black screen whenever I open the camera app. - Similar Threads - camera shows black

2. camera shows black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera shows black screen.: camera shows black screen. i have check all the settings and update drivers but it still shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-shows-black-screen/39959d61-3384-4776-b798-fcf7229e3ace
  3. camera shows black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera shows black screen.: camera shows black screen. i have check all the settings and update drivers but it still shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-shows-black-screen/39959d61-3384-4776-b798-fcf7229e3ace
  4. Camera app showing black screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app showing black screen Windows 11: For some reason whenever I open my default camera app on my laptop Windows 11, it shows a grainy black screen. this has caused me to be unable to use apps that require the camera, such as Zoom. It was working fine a week ago, and now this suddenly happens. I haven’t dropped...
  5. Camera app showing black screen Windows 11

Camera app showing black screen Windows 11: For some reason whenever I open my default camera app on my laptop Windows 11, it shows a grainy black screen. this has caused me to be unable to use apps that require the camera, such as Zoom. It was working fine a week ago, and now this suddenly happens. I haven’t dropped...
  6. my camera only shows black screen

my camera only shows black screen: Ive uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and app.. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-only-shows-black-screen/f2336a1d-1dfb-4382-81d2-2e968fa6de56
  7. Camera only shows black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera only shows black screen: I have an Acer laptop that uses Windows 10 and has a built-in webcam. I can turn the camera on with the camera app. The green light lights up and I get a popup on my screen that says "camera on" but all I see is a black screen. The camera is not covered up by anything and...
  8. black screen on camera app

black screen on camera app: my camera on my HP laptop is not working - just have a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-camera-app/6f0e70d8-d3a7-4a28-ad76-49e532c15543
  9. Camera showing black screen

Camera showing black screen: I bought HP All-in-One 24-df0215in 23.8-Inch FHD with Alexa Built-in from Amazon recently. My camera is showing a black screen and i tried to fix it by enabling disabling and uninstalling but it continues to show black screen. Please help....
  10. Asus camera shows black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus camera shows black screen: when ever I try to open camera I find black screen I tried different programs and it's the same laptop came with windows 10 pre installed I have ASUS ROG GL552JX laptop USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam Hardware IDs : USB\VID_04F2&PID_B424&REV_6969&MI_00...