Windows 10: My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without...

Discus and support My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So my laptop has a camera built into it and for the first two years of owning my laptop, my camera did not work. I could not access it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BootacularCrimson, Nov 28, 2020.

1. My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without...

Hey everyone,

So my laptop has a camera built into it and for the first two years of owning my laptop, my camera did not work. I could not access it through drivers and I could not use it on any apps such as zoom or discord. However, for about 9 months or so, my camera just started working out of the blue. It worked perfectly always without any problems. I could use it on all my apps. Once again (about half a month ago), my camera has stopped working. Nothing about my computer has changed yet it still stopped working. I cannot access it when looking at the device managers, and I cannot use it on any apps.

I have tried multiple methods to get this to work, including all the methods listed on windows support, but none so far have worked.

Please please help me with this situation. My school is online and attendance is taken through camera. I have backups but none are good. All advice is welcomed.

I will respond in comments if I have tried a certain method or not.

Thank you all

submitted by /u/BootacularCrimson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BootacularCrimson, Nov 28, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without...

Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without...

1. My camera sometimes works and sometimes does not work for long periods of time without... - Similar Threads - camera sometimes works

2. Snip & Sketch - saving to Desktop sometimes works and sometimes does Not work Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch - saving to Desktop sometimes works and sometimes does Not work Win11: On Win11 Snip & Sketch sometimes copies from the clipboard to the desktop and sometimes does Notcopy to the Desktop. The failed copies are listed in the recent action list, but when accessed Win11 givesthe error that "file has been moved"....So I went into Settings to check...
  3. Snip & Sketch - saving to Desktop sometimes works and sometimes does Not work Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch - saving to Desktop sometimes works and sometimes does Not work Win11: On Win11 Snip & Sketch sometimes copies from the clipboard to the desktop and sometimes does Notcopy to the Desktop. The failed copies are listed in the recent action list, but when accessed Win11 givesthe error that "file has been moved"....So I went into Settings to check...
  4. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  5. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  6. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sometime camera apps works and some time not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometime camera apps works and some time not.: On starting up the laptop some time camera works and some time not. The working of camera app is random. And if once on startup if camera works it will keep on working until i shutdown the laptop and start it again later. And there is no pattern when camera app is going to...
  8. My camera sometimes doesnt work at all

My camera sometimes doesnt work at all: So i bought an external camera for my pc with no software just plug and play. Sometimes it works all the time, but sometimes it just magically stops working it shows that there is a camera i select it and it just shows nothing i try to restart windows but nothing i replug it...
  9. My camera only sometimes works.

My camera only sometimes works.: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop, currently with Windows 10 although it is possible that it had not always Windows 10, and this year, the built-in camera suddenly stopped working; whenever I opened the application, the computer claimed that no camera was attached which...
  10. Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?

Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?: I have this old-ish Midi interface. The last driver was a windows 8 driver. So, I restart in unsigned driver mode and browse manually to the driver. I made alterations in the .INF file so Win10 would be happier. Win10 loads it up but complains. So a bit sad I do a normal...