Windows 10: My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected!

Discus and support My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this Windows 10 laptop, but the camera/webcam is not turning on, and I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone know anything?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RudeKnot5528610, Apr 11, 2019.

1. My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected!

I have this Windows 10 laptop, but the camera/webcam is not turning on, and I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone know anything?

:)

RudeKnot5528610, Apr 11, 2019

2. how do i turn on my hp laptop webcam.

Hello Marvis,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

This issue could occurred due to these reasons.

• Damaged webcam diver\software.
    • Due to incorrect webcam settings.
    • If webcam is damaged.
    Please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar
    and select Troubleshooting.

b. Select View all on the top left corner.

c. Click on Hardware and device troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter

Also I suggest you to check if you are able to use the Webcam with the Camera app.

Method 2:

If you are able to access Camera app, follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Camera app.
    • Press Windows key + C from your keyboard to open
      Charms bar.
    • Select Settings option.
    • Select Permissions option.
    • Turn on Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone option.
    • Close the app.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    For reference: Camera app and webcams help

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. If you need further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 11, 2019
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 11, 2019
  4. My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected!

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected!

1. My Camera/Webcam isn't turning on/ not connected! - Similar Threads - Camera Webcam isn't

2. My camera isn't working. It's not about my camera isn't turned on. But it's error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera isn't working. It's not about my camera isn't turned on. But it's error: My camera is grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-isnt-working-its-not-about-my-camera/7e4495b9-c808-4f68-ad7b-ec41592012b1
  3. My camera isn't working. It's not about my camera isn't turned on. But it's error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera isn't working. It's not about my camera isn't turned on. But it's error: My camera is grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-isnt-working-its-not-about-my-camera/7e4495b9-c808-4f68-ad7b-ec41592012b1
  4. Integrated Webcam turns into PC Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Webcam turns into PC Camera: So, my problem is that during an online class my camera was working fine and the teachers could see me but suddenly my camera turned off without me doing anything, so I turn my camera on again and it turns off again and this keeps happening for a couple of minutes until when...
  5. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

Webcam camera keeps turning on and off: So everytime I try use my camera it either freezes and doesn't turn on, Doesn't load or Starts camera then freezes it and unfreezes it and repeats.I've tried uninstalling camera thru device manager and restarting pc, checking for updates ect, Nothing works, Please help....
  6. Camera and Webcam

Camera and Webcam: I cannot use camera on my laptop. It seems it does not exist or cannot be found on Device Manager. I have received an error code of 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-webcam/d94ce0a1-3c8a-4e65-81f8-14eddde28167
  7. webcam/camera

webcam/camera: I have been utilizing Zoom app. without difficulty but now the program is indicating that it is unable to locate camera so I don't have full function of the app. I have been troubleshooting and am unable to find the problem to correct it. Any suggestions?...
  8. My webcam isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My webcam isn't recognised: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrsFrizzleGaveMePCP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftpapx/my_webcam_isnt_recognised/
  9. my webcam isn't working

my webcam isn't working: I need to use ZOOM in this age of sheltering in place. My web cam shows as blocked. I have joined with video on. I checked my webcam settings in windows 10 and it thinks its on. There is a light beside the camera in the top of my monitor half that is on. Camera is still...
  10. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

Webcam camera keeps turning on and off: So just recently i wantned to use my camera for skype to call and found out how my camera keeps turning on and off. So i tried if its just skype's problem or the camera it self and turned out the camera appp on windows 10 also does the same. What i meant by turning on and off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bing comstoragetos datamart windows

2. webcam not turning on

3. webcam not connected

4. camera not connected,
  5. my camera is not turning on,
  6. webcam not turning on at sihn in,
  7. camera isnt turning on,
  8. webcam isnt turning on,
  9. camera not connected windows 10,
  10. camera is not connected,
  11. why is my laptops camera light on but the camera isnt turned on,