Windows 10: My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.

Discus and support My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype. Everything was working but a web app tried to use my camera to take a snapshot and since then the Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by t0mn8r, Apr 22, 2019.

1. t0mn8r Win User

My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.

My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype. Everything was working but a web app tried to use my camera to take a snapshot and since then the Skype webcam stopped working.

Further info:

Firefox V66.03 doesn't allow webcam access since the last few updates.

Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (32-bit) allows access no problems.

Winver 1809 OS Build 17763.104

Skype V 8.44.76.27 Application V 14.44.27.0

I also tried Skype-8.43.0.56 - same result.

Facebook Messenger works fine.

Any assistance is appreciated.

:)

t0mn8r, Apr 22, 2019

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

Given that your camera works in Skype this is not a hardware issue.

Did you try the suggestions I provided a couple of post ago.

Caledon Ken, Apr 22, 2019
  4. My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.

camera on laptop not working with skype windows 10

Hi Nicky,

Since your camera has worked before, there may be changes on your computer that caused it to stop working. For us to isolate this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before the camera stopped working?
    • Is the camera working with other apps?
    • Have you set Skype as one of the apps that can use the camera?

While waiting for your reply, let's verify if Skype is one of the apps that is allowed to use the camera. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Camera.
    • Make sure Let apps use the camera is turned on.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, make sure that Skype
      is set to ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.

1. My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype. - Similar Threads - camera works Messenger

2. Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app: I already fix my laptop this january on acer then it happened again and I think the realtek is the one who has a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-is-not-working-on-messenger-or-the/c844d635-126c-4d51-bf43-49f67e53475a
  3. Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app: I already fix my laptop this january on acer then it happened again and I think the realtek is the one who has a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-is-not-working-on-messenger-or-the/c844d635-126c-4d51-bf43-49f67e53475a
  4. Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. camera nao funciona no messenger

camera nao funciona no messenger: my camera not function with facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-nao-funciona-no-messenger/bccb6aa9-e405-4efe-a358-58c5c2d22c12
  6. camera and microphone access to messenger

camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  7. Camera not working with Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  8. Skype does not recognise my camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype does not recognise my camera: Hello, I have been trying Skype on my Windows 10 but it doesn't recognise my camera. I have Skype version 8.40.0.70 and the camera is built into the PC which is an Aspire 5600U. Any helpful hints would be most appreciative as I have been trying to fix this problem for...
  9. camera in messenger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera in messenger: when i click on the camera icon in messenger it says make sure your camera is not already in use by another app......how can i fix this please was working fine earlier as i did post some pics in messenger now every time i try i get the above message please help ty...
  10. Adding Messenger plus to Skype

Adding Messenger plus to Skype: back in the olden days we used WLM with plus to send custom sounds to each other on contacts list it was fun and miss those days however i read that latest SKype on Windows 10 has messenger plus for it? i can not seem to install it correctly is there a legit version of PLUS+...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my camera works with zoom but not with skype?

2. camera works just not in skype

3. skype works but messenger does not

4. camera works but not in skype,
  5. camera works in skype but not in zoom,
  6. camera works in windows but not skype,
  7. camera works but not in skype or zoom