Windows 10: my camera works only as audio device

Discus and support my camera works only as audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dovis_ltu, Jun 18, 2022.

1. dovis_ltu Win User

my camera works only as audio device

Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have tried to uninstall its drivers and install new ones but I'm not so smart. so I'm asking for your help I would be really happy. thanks.

:)

dovis_ltu, Jun 18, 2022

2. Audio not working on camera

Hello AXF

My name is Dayarys. I am an independent advisor, First of all, thanks for being part of the Microsoft Community, I will try to help you.

Try open Settings from start and in Privacy, check for Microphone, and see whether Camera App permit to use Microphone there.

Make sure 'Allow apps to access your microphone' is turned on and make sure the appropriate app is also set to On

Go to Update & Security - Troubleshoot

Run these troubleshooters

Hardware and devices

Recording Audio

Try close all other Apps and then open a Camera and see whether it works.

If not worked review below how to set up and test microphones in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how...

Also, I suggest this method:

Method 1: Run built-in Audio Device troubleshooter, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to Start button, and press Enter.

Step 2: Click on View all from the left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Select Playing Audio, click on Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically.

Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, run Recording audio troubleshooter included within Windows OS by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to Start button, and press Enter.

Step 2: Click on View all from the left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Select Recording audio, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Reference:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let us know if you need further assistance

Best Regards,

Dayarys

Dayarys Garcia Chirino, Jun 18, 2022
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

1. my camera works only as audio device - Similar Threads - camera works audio

2. External Camera connecting as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Camera connecting as an audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  3. External Camera connecting as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Camera connecting as an audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  4. External Camera connecting as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera works only as audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  6. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera works only as audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  7. Audio & Camera Not Working

Audio & Camera Not Working: Yesterday, everything was fine but today my audio is not working. I have uninstalled the audio drivers and allowed them to reinstall after restarting my laptop. But, that didn't fix the issue. Also: My camera is not working. It doesn't seem like the camera is installed....
  8. Audio not working on camera

Audio not working on camera: When I use the video function on the camera, it's not picking up sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-on-camera/8d40ef3f-4519-4a17-aa38-ea5809ce1c75
  9. My camera only sometimes works.

My camera only sometimes works.: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop, currently with Windows 10 although it is possible that it had not always Windows 10, and this year, the built-in camera suddenly stopped working; whenever I opened the application, the computer claimed that no camera was attached which...
  10. External Camera connecting as an audio device

External Camera connecting as an audio device: My external camera used to work normally but today when i connected it didn't work and in the device manager it shows as an audio device i uninstalled the device but it still shows as an audio device instead of webcam [ATTACH][ATTACH]...