Windows 10: My cannot detect the headset microphone

Discus and support My cannot detect the headset microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarnellHernandez845, Dec 1, 2021.

1. My cannot detect the headset microphone

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?

:)

DarnellHernandez845, Dec 1, 2021

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Dec 1, 2021
  3. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Dec 1, 2021
  4. My cannot detect the headset microphone

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

My cannot detect the headset microphone [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

My cannot detect the headset microphone

1. My cannot detect the headset microphone - Similar Threads - cannot detect headset

2. Windows 11 Cannot Detect Headset Microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cannot Detect Headset Microphone.: I'm using a Razer Blackshark V2 X, which my laptop cannot detect. I use Windows 11, and whenever I look at my input devices, it only shows the integrated microphone, which is an Intel Smart Sound Technology microphone. It will not work on anything, and what's even stranger is...
  3. Windows 11 Cannot Detect Headset Microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Cannot Detect Headset Microphone.: I'm using a Razer Blackshark V2 X, which my laptop cannot detect. I use Windows 11, and whenever I look at my input devices, it only shows the integrated microphone, which is an Intel Smart Sound Technology microphone. It will not work on anything, and what's even stranger is...
  4. My headset microphone is not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset microphone is not detected.: My headset microphone is not detected.Yesterday I ordered a hyperx cloud stinger headset my first ever expensive gaming headphone and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all...
  5. My headset microphone is not detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset microphone is not detected.: My headset microphone is not detected.Yesterday I ordered a hyperx cloud stinger headset my first ever expensive gaming headphone and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all...
  6. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cannot detect the headset microphone: Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?...
  7. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cannot detect the headset microphone: Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?...
  8. Headset microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  9. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  10. My Headset microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Headset microphone is not detected: So, today suddenly I got this problem while talking to my friend and I discovered that I was using laptop's mic, and not the headset one. When I tried to switch it, i couldn't see in Sounds > Recording neither device manager, but the weird part is that i can see in Sounds >...