Windows 10: my canon mx490 scanner

Discus and support my canon mx490 scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my canon MX490 scanner stopped working in the middle of the day, i used it three times in the morning. i ran some errands came back and it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamesosborne4, Jan 31, 2019.

1. my canon mx490 scanner

my canon MX490 scanner stopped working in the middle of the day, i used it three times in the morning. i ran some errands came back and it wouldn't scan after that, this is the second time it's done this to me and i have no idea how i fixed it the first time.

:)

jamesosborne4, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 can't find Canon MX490 Scanner

The scanner and printer have worked fine for several months; however, lately every time I try to scan something, Windows 10 on my computer says there is no scanner connected, but at the same time, the printer part of the Canon MX490 will be working properly.
    I have been able to resolve this issue in the past by simply restarting both the computer and the Canon MX490, but this time that is not working and I have tried everything but it still says there is no scanner connected and when searching for device to add,
    there is nothing found. Any suggestions????

MacKenzieGilbert, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner.

Tried multiple times to install so the builtin windows software can not work properly since it cant install a driver for the scanner.

sdowney717, Jan 31, 2019
  4. my canon mx490 scanner

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected"

NancyJackowiak, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

my canon mx490 scanner

1. my canon mx490 scanner - Similar Threads - canon mx490 scanner

2. Canon MX860 scanner fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MX860 scanner fix: When I installed a used Canon MX860 in my Windows 10 system, I encountered frequent errors when trying to scan images. I chose wireless LAN installation and was able to print with it from any PC on my home LAN, but scanning was a hit or miss adventure -- mostly miss -- with...
  3. Canon Dr-2050 Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Dr-2050 Scanner: After the Windows 10 update this week, my Canon DR-2050 Scanner shows as unidentified device. There are no driver updates and I had to install this scanner in compatibility mode for Vista originally. Will this be fixed by Microsoft?For now I uninstalled the update and my...
  4. Canon Dr-2050 Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Dr-2050 Scanner: After the Windows 10 update this week, my Canon DR-2050 Scanner shows as unidentified device. There are no driver updates and I had to install this scanner in compatibility mode for Vista originally. Will this be fixed by Microsoft?For now I uninstalled the update and my...
  5. Canon scanner not detected

Canon scanner not detected: I have downloaded Canon IJ utilities driver for my Canon MG2950 scanner/printer from the Canon website. It failed to download by usb cable- many times ... but when by wifi it was successful. All items of the IJ utilities download are visible on my computer but although the...
  6. Canon g4010 scanner not working

Canon g4010 scanner not working: my pc has been working using a USB for a scanner on a canon g4010 very well, now it doesn't but printer etc still works. Message is connect to a scanner. Have disconnected everything, reset printer/scanner, troubleshoot etc still no hint of working...
  7. I have a Canon MX490 all in all printer. My Scanner no longer works from the computer. Why...

I have a Canon MX490 all in all printer. My Scanner no longer works from the computer. Why...: I have a Canon MX490 all in all printer. My Scanner no longer works from the computer. Why and how do I fix it, please and thank you. I am not a computer whiz, so if there is a solution....I need it broken down so that I can do it step by step. I'm 72 and am a "little tec...
  8. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  9. How to install Canon PIXMA MX490 onto Windows 10 system ?

How to install Canon PIXMA MX490 onto Windows 10 system ?: How to install Canon PIXMA MX490 onto Windows 10 system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-canon-pixma-mx490-onto-windows-10/e7a540a5-5cc3-4e3c-9b88-5919ef390984
  10. Windows 10 can't find Canon MX490 Scanner

Windows 10 can't find Canon MX490 Scanner: The scanner and printer have worked fine for several months; however, lately every time I try to scan something, Windows 10 on my computer says there is no scanner connected, but at the same time, the printer part of the Canon MX490 will be working properly. I have been able...