Windows 10: My Caps lock button is not working properly.

Discus and support My Caps lock button is not working properly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So there's a problem. My 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop's caps lock is not working properly. When I press the button, the light turns on but no capitol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GiannaMaisano, Dec 4, 2018.

1. My Caps lock button is not working properly.

So there's a problem. My 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop's caps lock is not working properly. When I press the button, the light turns on but no capitol letters show up. And then, randomly after, there is only caps letters, and when you hold down shift, it is lower case, but then it turns off. I just got this laptop in November 2018, I don't know why this is happening, I checked the keyboard control panel and everything was "working properly".

:)

GiannaMaisano, Dec 4, 2018
  2. bootlady Win User

My caps lock button is not working

Hi

Thankyou for your quick reply

I have tried what you suggested but I am working on a laptop msi gx740 the caps lock is working but the little light that shows it is on at the front of the machine isn't ,I'm so sorry I haven't explained myself properly I hope you understand

Regards

bootlady, Dec 4, 2018
  3. ttsoldier Win User
    Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Dec 4, 2018
  4. My Caps lock button is not working properly.

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

My Caps lock button is not working properly.

1. My Caps lock button is not working properly. - Similar Threads - Caps lock button

2. What should I do it my Caps Lock button doesn’t work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do it my Caps Lock button doesn’t work: Good dayMy Caps Lock button on my PC stopped working out of the blue. My password requires that I use Caps lock when I sign it. What do I do now...
  3. Caps Lock works oddly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock works oddly: In most applications, Caps Lock simply doesn't work, but in system applications like Task Manager it does.For example, if I enable Caps Lock in Task Manager and switch to another application, Caps Lock remains enabled and properly works, but it cannot be disabled by pressing...
  4. Caps Lock works oddly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock works oddly: In most applications, Caps Lock simply doesn't work, but in system applications like Task Manager it does.For example, if I enable Caps Lock in Task Manager and switch to another application, Caps Lock remains enabled and properly works, but it cannot be disabled by pressing...
  5. Which software for changing caps lock button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which software for changing caps lock button: My keyboard capslock died. I want to change it to F6. Can anyone recommend an easy software? 162292
  6. Which software for changing caps lock button

in Windows 10 Support
    Which software for changing caps lock button: My keyboard capslock died. I want to change it to F6. Can anyone recommend an easy software? 162292
  7. CAP LOCK BUTTON DO NOT OFF

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAP LOCK BUTTON DO NOT OFF: MY CAP LOCK BUTTON REFUSES TO OFF. ITS A MALFUNCTION. PLS WHAT DO I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cap-lock-button-do-not-off/ee69e721-fd67-4b81-8d63-29953eaf10d3
  8. My Caps Lock button only turns on or off when I press CTRL + Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Caps Lock button only turns on or off when I press CTRL + Caps Lock: So this keeps happening every one in a while and a restart solves the problem. But it keeps coming back, and I dont remember doing this on purpose ( I didn't change any settings about this ). So when I press my Caps Lock key, the light either turns off or on, but the letters...
  9. Caps Lock button

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock button: I`ve lost the sound notification when pressing the Cap Lock button,the light works ok, where do I look for the solution to enable the sound? 137638
  10. my caps lock isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my caps lock isn't working: the light in the button turns on when i press it but when i press on a letter it doesn't change it's still small letters can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-caps-lock-isnt-working/dfb11dcc-0415-42c2-91e1-7cdc148fac5f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my caps lock button is not working

2. CAPS LOCK KEY STOPPED WORKING PROPERLY

3. caps lock not working properly

4. my caps lock is not working properly,
  5. cap lock not working correctly