Windows 10: My caps lock is reversed on my desktop.

Discus and support My caps lock is reversed on my desktop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I type my keyboard caps lock is reversed, when I turn caps on it types lowercase and when I turn it off it types in caps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamuelReyes5, Mar 10, 2020.

1. My caps lock is reversed on my desktop.

When I type my keyboard caps lock is reversed, when I turn caps on it types lowercase and when I turn it off it types in caps.

:)

SamuelReyes5, Mar 10, 2020

2. Caps Lock Reversed

You can try following -

1. Run Keyboard Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down and click Keyboard > Run the troubleshooter > Follow onscreen directions

2. Update Keyboard Driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    > Choose Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Next to update

3. There is a very interesting fix for this problem in below link. Go into Microsoft Word and type tHANKS, it will autocorrect itself to Thanks. After this, this problem becomes allright.

Source -
    https://ccm.net/forum/affich-650212-caps-lock-w...

E for Excel, Mar 10, 2020
  3. caps lock on screen indicator is reversed - display only - windows 10

The on-screen indicator for caps lock is reversed. The caps lock works correctly and the keyboard indicator is correct - it is only the on-screen indicator which is reversed.

This happened since I did a Windows 10 upgrade yesterday.

RichardKrebs, Mar 10, 2020
  4. My caps lock is reversed on my desktop.

Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

My caps lock is reversed on my desktop.

1. My caps lock is reversed on my desktop. - Similar Threads - caps lock reversed

2. Caps lock reversed issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock reversed issue: hey there, i have an issue with the letters on my keyboardwhen caps lock is off the letters turn uppercasewhen caps lock is on the letters turn lowercase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-reversed-issue/450a54e8-d908-4f13-b087-ffd6772105b9
  3. Caps lock reversed issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock reversed issue: hey there, i have an issue with the letters on my keyboardwhen caps lock is off the letters turn uppercasewhen caps lock is on the letters turn lowercase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-reversed-issue/450a54e8-d908-4f13-b087-ffd6772105b9
  4. Caps Lock sends me to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock sends me to Desktop: Everytime i'm playing a game and accidentally press Caps Lock, it goes to the desktop and the computer locks up and i have to force it to restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-sends-me-to-desktop/e671e0e7-ca1f-4895-8638-d8a847828720
  5. mY cAPs Lock IS GOING BAlListic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mY cAPs Lock IS GOING BAlListic.: I've BEEN deALing With thIs PRoBLEM FOr QuITE some time. I dont KNow whaT hAPpeneD, But a LITtlE BiT Ago my kEYBOARd HAs ReaLly Been MESSING uP. i lOoKED Up SOlutiONs for THis AND nOThing haS WORKEd. IT'S VErY FRUStRaTING not bEiNG aBLE TO Type. mY CAPS lOCK IS TuRNING on ANd...
  6. CAP LOCKS reversed . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAP LOCKS reversed . . .: My CAP LOCKS key was reversed and it also locked up my mouse in "highlighting" mode. This happens from holding down the RIGHT SHIFT key for 8 seconds by accident usually . . . just hold down the RIGHT SHIFT KEY for 8 seconds to “turn off” the feature . . . I found this...
  7. onscreen TouchPad cap lock reversed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    onscreen TouchPad cap lock reversed: Sometimes while using the onscreen keyboard I will use cap lock and when I return to lower case the cap lock upper case continues even though it indicates lowercase. If I use shift or cap lock at this point it types in lower case. I would just deal with that but it also...
  8. My caps lock is going CRAZY.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My caps lock is going CRAZY.: My caps lock is going frenzy. It switches on and when I unlock it and start typing it locks again randomly. Locks & unlocks on it"s own and unable to override. Wireless keyboard....
  9. my caps lock isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my caps lock isn't working: the light in the button turns on when i press it but when i press on a letter it doesn't change it's still small letters can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-caps-lock-isnt-working/dfb11dcc-0415-42c2-91e1-7cdc148fac5f
  10. My CAPS Lock is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    My CAPS Lock is broken: For some reason, my CAPS Lock key is not working properly. When it's off it's lowercase, but if it's on, it's still lowercase. I have it set up to where not only does a white light turn on when I turn CAPS Lock on, but I also have a little beeping sound that goes off. Both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keybord caplocks inverted