Windows 10: My Caps Lock key is totally crazy, what to do?

Discus and support My Caps Lock key is totally crazy, what to do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started playing CSGO today and the CapsLock key is my Push-To-Talk key, but I soon realized that it didn't work properly. After some trial and error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JannesRichter, Aug 14, 2020.

1. My Caps Lock key is totally crazy, what to do?

I started playing CSGO today and the CapsLock key is my Push-To-Talk key, but I soon realized that it didn't work properly. After some trial and error it turned out that I couldn't turn it off unless I pressed the Shift key !? So basically I press the Caps Lock key to turn it on and the Shift key to turn it off WTF? Does anybody have any idea what's going on?
    PS: it's the Roccat Vulcan keyboard and yes I have already rebooted the PC and reinstalled the Roccat Swarm driver.

:)

JannesRichter, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Robert11 Win User

Caps Lock Key: Disabling Of ?

Hello,

I seem to continually hit the Caps Lock key on the keyboard, and not noticing it.
    Drives me crazy.

Is there any (safe) simple way to disable it, permanently ?

I have Caps Lock Changer, but you have to do it for each session.
    Would like to do it just once, and have it effective always.

Thanks,
    B.

Robert11, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Caps Lock Key: Disabling Of ?

See if this link will help you
    http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-the-Capslock-Key-in-Windows - Bing

hTconeM9user, Aug 14, 2020
  4. My Caps Lock key is totally crazy, what to do?

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

My Caps Lock key is totally crazy, what to do?

1. My Caps Lock key is totally crazy, what to do? - Similar Threads - Caps Lock key

2. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem With Cap Locks Key: I have been currently experiencing problems with the Cap Locks key on my laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook for maybe over a month or so and I really need help with fixing it. It started when out of nowhere my Cap Locks key would just turn on or off by itself like if someone was just...
  3. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  4. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  5. caps lock key inverted

in Windows 10 Customization
    caps lock key inverted: when i have caps lock off for some reason I type like this: I TYPE UPPERCASE>in addition when i click on a number or symbol that can type a different symbol i type the symbol or other symbol>thats period...
  6. Caps lock acting crazy!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock acting crazy!: Dear people, idk what happened, but all of the sudden my caps lock letters come out really strange.. some letters come out written like a couple of different letters, but always the same combination for one key. When I press shift + key, everything comes out normal. Here is...
  7. Problem with Caps Lock key

Problem with Caps Lock key: Hello I bought a wireless Logitech K800 Keyboard and I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1) It seems the Caps lock does not work (and the Nums lock key neither ! Is the re a wa y to fix it ? 2) Contrary to the "old" keyboards, there is no visual indicator of the status of these...
  8. Caps Lock key

Caps Lock key: My caps lock key isn't working when pressed. It's a Laptop and I've attached an external keyboard and it doesn't work on there either. Things I've tried: 1 re-writing the registry for caps lock by forcing it off and then back on. 2 re-map the key to another key still...
  9. Caps Lock Key

Caps Lock Key: HI, my caps lock key on my laptop is acting strange. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work in Word, but does on the internet, but I can't turn it off. I plugged in another keyboard into my laptop, and it still didn't work, so it's not a problem with the...
  10. My caps lock is going CRAZY.

My caps lock is going CRAZY.: My caps lock is going frenzy. It switches on and when I unlock it and start typing it locks again randomly. Locks & unlocks on it"s own and unable to override. Wireless keyboard....