Windows 10: My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager

Discus and support My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I Have a problem. Three days ago I inserted an DVD on my laptop. He didn't appear in File Explorer, so, I uninstalled the driver. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Băiatul din aur, Aug 5, 2019.

1. My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager

Hello there, I Have a problem. Three days ago I inserted an DVD on my laptop. He didn't appear in File Explorer, so, I uninstalled the driver. The Driver name is MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E1. I restarted my PC after uninstall, to reinstall the Driver. But, unfortunately, he doesn't appear in the Device Manager, and now, I can't open CD'S or DVD's forever because the drive is missing. I checked also with the "Show Hidden Devices" and it doesn't appear. What can I do?

:)

Băiatul din aur, Aug 5, 2019
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Aug 5, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    CD/DVD Drive not showing in device manager

Hi, try this free tool - note it has a very cautious approach with several steps before attempting a repair. Easy to find.

Select only repair 18.

My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 5, 2019
  4. My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager

DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager

1. My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager - Similar Threads - DVD drive doesn't

2. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  3. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  4. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hitachi LG Slim CD/DVD writer not appearing in Device Manager

Hitachi LG Slim CD/DVD writer not appearing in Device Manager: Connected my new LG/Hitachi slim cd/dvd writer (model number: GP60NB60.AUAE12B) to my Dell G5 5500 laptop, but it's not recognized, it doesn't appear in Device Manager. It does appear in This PC though, if that's a good sign? I have read that a lot of people have sorted this...
  6. Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update

Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update: Anybody had this issue recently AFTER LATEST UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-and-cd-drive-missing-in-device-manager-after/de93bf81-b4ca-4eb1-9b3e-8e9e5a5a26ab
  7. CD/DVD drive not functional; shows in Device Manager as "(Standard disk drives)"

CD/DVD drive not functional; shows in Device Manager as "(Standard disk drives)": Created a new partition on my Win7 HP laptop into which I installed Win10. All went well except that my "CDDVDW TS-L633N" drive is not recognized. It appears in Device Manager under "Disk drives" when on all my other PCs the CD-ROM drive shows up under "DVD/CD-ROM drives"....
  8. CD/DVD Drive not showing in device manager

CD/DVD Drive not showing in device manager: Hi all, Im all out of options, hope someone can help! Hopefully you can see the laptop details as I just entered them when signing up, if not just ask. CD DVD drive has diappeared from explorer and device manager. Its still listed in BIOS as a boot device (though just...
  9. DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager

DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager: Hello everyone! I have googled this all over the place and there are all sorts of issues with DVD / CD-ROM players no longer being recognized but I haven't come across the same problem I'm having. I upgraded to Windows 10 64bit from Windows 7 64bit. One day while I was...
  10. CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.: Hi, title says it all. I'm having problems with my computer CD/DvD drive where its not shown in File Explorer As (D: ) or even shown in Device Manager. I have tried inserting a disk and ejecting it out and it works fine. However the drive is just missing from the computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd didnt appear on device manager