Windows 10: My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

Discus and support My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My CD DVD no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 1809.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andre Da Costa, Oct 3, 2018.

1. My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

My CD DVD no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 1809.

:)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 3, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) NOT WORKING

WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATED & NOW MY OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) IS NOT WORKING.

OPTICAL DISC DRIVE IS: TSST CORP CDDVDW SN-208AB T003

AFTER FOLLOWING ALL SUGGESTIONS TO DATE ALL EVIDENCE SUGGEST THAT TOSHIBA L850 LAPTOP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LATEST WINDOWS 10 UPDATE? PHEW! ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP APPRECIATED. THANKS.

MeMineToshiba, Oct 3, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) NOT WORKING

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• When you say not working, is your optical disk drive not being detected or not being read/recognized?
    • Is this the first time that this happened or has it happened before?
    • Did the issue appear just right after updating?
    For Windows 10 recovery options, visit this
    link

You can check the
    Compatibility Troubleshooter
    for Windows 10.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 3, 2018
  4. RLRehm Win User

My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

1. My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update... - Similar Threads - DVD Optical Drive

2. CD/DVD drive no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD/DVD drive no longer works: I upgraded my Acer Aspire 7551-7422 to Windows 10 and the CD/DVD Super Multi DL Driver no longer works and Acer will not support windows 10. So, is there a CD/DVD driver available to download compatible with my Laptop?...
  3. After the latest Windows 10 update my DVD/CD player is no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the latest Windows 10 update my DVD/CD player is no longer working: My PC updated Windows 10 with the latest update at the weekend. Since then my DVD player has stopped working. At first it worked intermittently but now it has stopped altogether. I have tried various solutions including uninstalling the device in device manager and nothing...
  4. computer does not recognize disk in the optical cd or dvd drives after windows 10 upgrade.

computer does not recognize disk in the optical cd or dvd drives after windows 10 upgrade.: computer shows drives are there and drives have latest drivers installed but will not recognize and cd or dvd disk in drives. Keeps asking for disk to be placed in drives even when they are already in drives. What can I do to make drives read and write disk again...
  5. My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.

My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.: My CD/DVD drive is not recognized by my HP Elitebook. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the system several times. When I restart, the drivers are reinstalled and Device Manager reports that the drive is working correctly. However, the drive does not show up in...
  6. CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update

CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update: CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update last night (02/18/19). Please see below. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. The following error messages are given when I insert a known good and legal DVD (region code 1). Something happened on our end....
  7. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update: Around May 2018, I successfully updated windows 10 to version 1703, but the optical drive became inoperable. I have tried numerous solutions such as uninstalling the drive and re-booting, but it still does not operate. Please help!...
  8. My CD/DVD drive is no longer working, help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My CD/DVD drive is no longer working, help!: The CD/DVD drive is recognized, but won't read the data. The cd/dvd gets ejected when I try to 'open' the data, music, or games, (see attached screenshots). The cd/dvd drive use to work, until the Windows 10 update, v1803, in may this year. Just trying to open content from...
  9. My iPad, iPhone, iPod no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update...

My iPad, iPhone, iPod no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update...: Since upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, my Apple devices such as my iPad, iPhone and iPod are no longer recognized....
  10. My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...: I just upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 and now my keyboard and mouse no longer work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-keyboard-and-mouse-no-longer-work-after/7b07d388-19c9-475e-91fc-faae7114dc06

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after installing windows 10 cd/dvd no longer works