Windows 10: my CD/DVD stopped working after the01/06/2019 update.

Discus and support my CD/DVD stopped working after the01/06/2019 update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cd/dvd stopped working with 01/06/2019 update how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NancyGeissler, May 26, 2019.

1. my CD/DVD stopped working after the01/06/2019 update.

cd/dvd stopped working with 01/06/2019 update

how to fix

:)

NancyGeissler, May 26, 2019
  2. Marco Gav Win User

cd/dvd drive stopped working

Hi,

Your DVD/CD-ROM might not have been configured correctly after the update.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Device Manager.

• Expand the category where your device is located.

• Right-click on the name of your device.

• Select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device
    manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 26, 2019
  3. kazza248 Win User
    cd/dvd drive stopped working

hello, finally got to try all of this and it still wont work, i have a feeling it might be the drive, but its only 11 months old

kazza248, May 26, 2019
  4. John Ado Win User

my CD/DVD stopped working after the01/06/2019 update.

DVD player stopped working

Hi Cathy,

To help you with this, let's update or install the DVD/CD-ROM drivers. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right-click the DVD name, normally, it's named after the brand.
    • Select Update Driver Software.
    • Go to Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Once it's done, click Close.

If the issue persist, uninstall the driver. Here's how:

• Follow the same steps above up to right-clicking DVD name.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, the driver will be installed automatically.

Share with us the results.

Best.

John Ado, May 26, 2019
Thema:

my CD/DVD stopped working after the01/06/2019 update.

1. my CD/DVD stopped working after the01/06/2019 update. - Similar Threads - DVD stopped working

2. CD/DVD Error after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD Error after Windows Update: My OS is Windows 10 Ver 21H2 OS Build 19044.1806. I have two internal CD/DVD Drives installed. Prior to the last upgrade they both worked fine. After the last update they quit working. Now, in Device Mgr there is the warning image displayed and shows the following:Windows...
  3. CD/DVD Error after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD Error after Windows Update: My OS is Windows 10 Ver 21H2 OS Build 19044.1806. I have two internal CD/DVD Drives installed. Prior to the last upgrade they both worked fine. After the last update they quit working. Now, in Device Mgr there is the warning image displayed and shows the following:Windows...
  4. CD/DVD Error after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cd/dvd not working

cd/dvd not working: I have an asus cd/dvd player/burner in my desktop and windows 10 doesn't seem to want to play the disks. I know the drive works because I had to use the drive to install windows 10 to begin with, this is a brand new desktop build. I am not sure if it stopped working after a...
  6. RE: Windows Update 2019-06

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: Windows Update 2019-06: One of my computers will not install the 2019-06 update after download. The troubleshooter does not correct it. What can I do ? I have tried it over and over after restarting, re-downloading, cleaning the disc, etc. I used to have the procedure copied from here but I cannot...
  7. My CD/DVD doesn't work after Windows 10 Update

My CD/DVD doesn't work after Windows 10 Update: My CD/DVD doesn't work after Win 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cddvd-doesnt-work-after-windows-10-update/472fe524-5788-40e6-91e8-be4ef09a1091
  8. CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update

CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update: CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update last night (02/18/19). Please see below. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. The following error messages are given when I insert a known good and legal DVD (region code 1). Something happened on our end....
  9. CD/DVD not working

CD/DVD not working: cd/dvd drive is not recognizing disc and automatically ejects with a prompt to insert disc. Have checked drivers which show up to date and the drive itself also shows that it is working properly....
  10. CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD

CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD: So, as soon as I boot my computer, any CD on the drive will work normally. If I eject and try to put any other CD or the same CD, it stops working. It only works one time, until I reboot. Tried all the fixes, going to the registry and deleting and adding stuff, pasting...