Windows 10: my cd rom doesn't work

Discus and support my cd rom doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Sir, My CD ROM doesn't work neither it seen in device manager. How to proceed can you please help me. Laptop specs: Brand : Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NishitBurman, Feb 29, 2020.

1. my cd rom doesn't work

Dear Sir,

My CD ROM doesn't work neither it seen in device manager. How to proceed can you please help me.

Laptop specs:

Brand : Samsung

Model:355V4C/356V4C/3445VC/3545VC

Windows 10, 64 bit

Regards,

Nishit

:)

NishitBurman, Feb 29, 2020

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Feb 29, 2020
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 29, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

my cd rom doesn't work

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

my cd rom doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

my cd rom doesn't work

1. my cd rom doesn't work - Similar Threads - rom doesn't

2. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device: My PC started showing this error, so I've tired to change the boot order around and it's still not working. This is the current boot order: IDE 0:, IDE 1: PIONEER DVD-RW, USB FDD, Network Boot: MBA v10.0.9, USB HDD, USB CDROM. What can I do to fix this or at the very least,...
  3. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device: My PC started showing this error, so I've tired to change the boot order around and it's still not working. This is the current boot order: IDE 0:, IDE 1: PIONEER DVD-RW, USB FDD, Network Boot: MBA v10.0.9, USB HDD, USB CDROM. What can I do to fix this or at the very least,...
  4. DVD/CD-ROM unit doesn't work anymore after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD-ROM unit doesn't work anymore after last W10 update: Hello after last updating for W10 today the dvd unit built in my pc doesn't work anymore! The message was: the device cannot be started. the configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged code 19. I tried to update the driver, disinstall and install it...
  5. cd rom doesn't work

cd rom doesn't work: my brand new desktop cannot open the cd rom drive and it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-work/7e6175cc-7ac7-4c6b-897a-58f0aff12313
  6. cd rom doesn't work on in 10

cd rom doesn't work on in 10: I need to know how to put the fix on command prompt (admin) reg exe I get windows system 32 on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-work-on-in-10/9a7f2be5-d51a-42d2-938f-13b290da6b31
  7. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10: hi I upgraded my win7 to win10 and after that my dvd-rom doesn't work properly.it runs CDs but write and DVD is not work. windows detect the drive without any problem in device manager & troubleshoot and it says that the best driver is installed successfully. my dvd-rom...
  8. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore: Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help Thanks...
  9. My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly

My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly: Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol 120% to burn the image but it also fails with an error. I had a rewritable DVD lying around so I put it on my laptop, tried...
  10. dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10

dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10: after upgrade to 10 my dvd-rom doesn't show i get the message Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) 29585