Windows 10: My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

Discus and support My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My microsoft family account is having issues because it is unable to be revised or requested for time as my child cannot login to her account because... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by qwerted14, Aug 23, 2020.

1. qwerted14 Win User

My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

My microsoft family account is having issues because it is unable to be revised or requested for time as my child cannot login to her account because when she requests for more time it will say oops something went wrong. Please make sure you are connected to the internet when she is connected. I also tried deleting her account to see if it helps but still says the computer locked and to try again tomorrow.

:)

qwerted14, Aug 23, 2020

2. Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

My son has a child account under mine that he uses across multiple windows devices in our house. Like most child accounts a he has to request time from me before using any of those devices. The request, time allowance, notification and authorization process
    all work as expected except for soon after he logs in. After a few minutes he gets automatically logged out and shortly after that the PC shuts down. Even if he logs back in immediately after being logged out, the PC will still shut down.

The workaround has been for him to request time, after he receives his time he immediately restarts the PC and then logs back in after the restart. What makes this issue so unusual is that he has to do this workaround for EVERY windows device, not just his
    PC.

This problem has persisted for a very long time (years) and we cannot find a solution to it. I also have a 2nd child account for my older son and he never experienced this issue.

Things i have tried that did not fix the issue:

* Resetting windows on his PC

* Removing him as a child and adding him back in

* Using different PC's

* Completely Formatting his PC drive and reinstalling windows

Any advice or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

MattBuonadonna, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Can’t log into child account

Hi Sheila,

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    • Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    • Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Aug 23, 2020
  4. My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts

OK. So, I've been using Screen Time schedules and hours for all of my children's accounts for over a year, and occasionally things get messed up, and these are my observations so far:

• If the account gets locked because of Screen Time limitations, and the child (who is prompted and tempted to) presses Request More Time, then it DOES NOT matter what the parent does with the Screen Time parameters of the account (except removing them altogether
      - which works as long as you LEAVE them OFF,) changes made to Screen Time WILL NOT unlock the account. THIS IS A BUG.
    • In order to allow the child back on the computer after the child has requested more time, even the NEXT DAY, the parent must approve additional time from the request email, or (as long as the Child is NOT an administrator on the computer,) use the My Parent
      is Here override.

Examples:

• I had disabled 2 of my children's accounts, using Screen Time limits to BLOCK every day of the week. I enabled Child #1's account, one day, Thursday, June 11th, for 2 hours, and when he came back the next day, he pressed Request More Time. Now, no matter
      what I do, his account is locked everyday with the message that he will be allowed to log in again on June 18th - even though I have UPDATED his Screen Time Limits to 3hrs EVERY DAY. If I turn Screen Time Limits OFF, of course he's allowed to login, HOWEVER,
      as soon as I go into my Microsoft account, and turn Screen Time Limits ON, his account immediately locks, saying he will be allowed to log in on June 18th. He has to send me a Request for More Time EVERY DAY, and I need to respond to the email, in order to
      enable him to log into his account.
    • The other child, Child #2,, DID NOT ever Request More Time, and as soon as I updated his Screen Time Limits, BOOM! he was able to log into his account.

• Today, my older son, that I have set to MAX SCHEDULED as far as duration, and I have his account disabled from 11:30PM to 5:00AM, was playing a game last night and his schedule with Screen Time expired. Yes, he presses Request More Time. Of course, I was
      in bed and never saw the e-mail. He also went to bed. Got up this morning played his game for 45 minutes, let his account stay logged in, and the computer went into screen lock, and at 3:17PM this afternoon, he tried to (login) unlock his screen and the message
      that came up said that he Ran Out of Screen Time. HOW?? He has MAX SCHEDULED? He IS an administrator on his laptop, and I had to have him Send me a Request for More Time, and I granted him 8 hours, and THAT unlocked his account. We'll have to SEE what happens
      tomorrow!

Clearly, this Screen Time Limits for Windows 10 (most recent version) has issues and bugs. Please focus and fix them - this whole falderall with Microsoft Parental Controls is driving me NUTS!

GerrySimmons, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

1. My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time - Similar Threads - child account cannot

2. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop: I have a message that I need to verify my child account on her windows device; however, anytime I try to log on, it closes automatically, so I am not able to follow the steps described to verify it and then in loops...
  3. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop: I have a message that I need to verify my child account on her windows device; however, anytime I try to log on, it closes automatically, so I am not able to follow the steps described to verify it and then in loops...
  4. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot log into my windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my windows account: When I booted up my laptop I tried to enter by using the fingerprint scanner but it asked me for a pin. There is no bar for entering it. just a button sign in. When I click it, the system sends me to the full wallpaper screen that is starting before entering the pin or...
  6. I cannot log in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log in to my account: I am unable to log in to my account. When i enter a password there is always an error message 0x80048823. When i try to reset my password it says my account does not exist. There is also an option where i could send an email to my address but my email address has been changed...
  7. Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck

Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck: Cannot log in. Keyboard adding different characters as well. Windows Version 20h2 183479
  8. Cannot log into account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into account: I have forgotten my PIN to access my account. The reset phone number I had listed was wrong so I tried to change it but have now found it takes 30 days for this to take effect. I can get access to the old phone number so would like to go back to trying this, but get the...
  9. Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

Child account has to log off and on after requesting time: My son has a child account under mine that he uses across multiple windows devices in our house. Like most child accounts a he has to request time from me before using any of those devices. The request, time allowance, notification and authorization process all work as...
  10. Cannot see account at log in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot see account at log in screen: I am trying to add myself as a second user to my wife's PC (Windows 10). I have done that (as administrator) but my account does NOT show up at login. I cannot see the register key logonUI in the registry....