Windows 10: My child can't access fund in family account

Discus and support My child can't access fund in family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child can't access the funds in the family account to purchase Robux, even after I've approved the purchase several times. After I've given... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Glenn#, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Glenn# Win User

My child can't access fund in family account

My child can't access the funds in the family account to purchase Robux, even after I've approved the purchase several times. After I've given permission for the purchase, every time he clicks to buy Robux in his account, he is required to ask permission again. When I click 'approve', it asks me to add funds for the purchase. There are enough funds in the account to make the purchase. This is now in an endless loop, which I can't get out of. Why?

:)

Glenn#, Feb 16, 2019

2. Can't add funds to a child account

I've been trying for a couple of days to add funds to my child's account (starting from account.microsoft.com, going to the "Your family" list, and clicking on the "Add money" link under one of my children's accounts), and consistently get the following
    error:

Try that again

Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

pH4s3Zm+CkWfLYlu.39.19.14.7
    2016/06/04 - 01:30:12 UTC

The code and time stamp are different, but the message is always the same, and it doesn't appear to be machine-related because I've tried it from a couple of different machines with the same results. Anyone know what's going on?

Salman Mughal, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Feb 16, 2019
  4. My child can't access fund in family account

Cant Access Child account in My Family section

Hi Rogers,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to access one of the child accounts set in Family Safety.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, provide us a few more details on the below questions.

• Do you receive any relevant error messages?
    • Did you use any alias name for the child account you are referring to?
    • Did you set up the particular child user account in multiple computers?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to visit to the below Microsoft FAQ and check if it the troubleshooting description helps in this case.

Visit: Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Refer to the section GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

My child can't access fund in family account

1. My child can't access fund in family account - Similar Threads - child can't access

2. Can't add my child to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my child to family account: I have just set up a new Windows 11 PC for my child and started an MS account for him. It worked fine until he restarted the PC and now he needs my permission to sign in. He is not in my family group, so I follow the instructions to add him. It says to go to my family account...
  3. Can't add my child to family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add my child to family account: I have just set up a new Windows 11 PC for my child and started an MS account for him. It worked fine until he restarted the PC and now he needs my permission to sign in. He is not in my family group, so I follow the instructions to add him. It says to go to my family account...
  4. Transfer funds between child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transfer funds between child accounts: I accidentally put money on the wrong child account. Is there a way to move the funds from one child spending limit to another? Am I really just out the money?...
  5. Transfer funds between child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer funds between child accounts: I accidentally put money on the wrong child account. Is there a way to move the funds from one child spending limit to another? Am I really just out the money?...
  6. Transfer funds between child accounts

7. Unable to add funds to a child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add funds to a child's account: Hello,I know this has been answered before online but the answers I found just led in a full circle with no real help.I am trying to enable my child to make a $199 purchase by adding money to his account through our family plan.All accounts and payment methods are in good...
  8. Unable to add funds to a child's account

Unable to add funds to a child's account: Hello,I know this has been answered before online but the answers I found just led in a full circle with no real help.I am trying to enable my child to make a $199 purchase by adding money to his account through our family plan.All accounts and payment methods are in good...
  9. Unable to use funds in child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use funds in child account: Hello, I've recently set up a child account for my daughter and bought minecraft for her. I then attempted to buy her some minecoins. I have added some funds to her account which was a nightmare in itself, but despite this, I am still unable to purchase it. If I have...
  10. Cannot add funds to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add funds to child account: I can see that this question has been asked many times before but i still cannot seem to find a work around. I am trying to add funds to my child's account via Microsoft in our family account, i select the amount, select payment method but after a minute i get an error...