Windows 10: My child locked themselves out of their account

Discus and support My child locked themselves out of their account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My child decided it was smart to convert their local login to a new Microsoft account they created using a false date of birth and then promptly forgot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/b8gwilly, Jan 6, 2021.

1. My child locked themselves out of their account

My child decided it was smart to convert their local login to a new Microsoft account they created using a false date of birth and then promptly forgot the password, so we are unable to recover the account, nor login to their Windows 10 account.

Is there a way that an administrator on the PC can convert a Windows login back to local login?

submitted by /u/b8gwilly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/b8gwilly, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 6, 2021
  4. My child locked themselves out of their account

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

My child locked themselves out of their account

1. My child locked themselves out of their account - Similar Threads - child locked themselves

2. Locked out of my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my account: Locked out of my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-account/f2134257-6908-47e9-bc15-0db636c4d249
  3. Locked out of my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my account: Hey I currently locked out of my main account. It says "This sign-in option is disabled because failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." The issue is I have no...
  4. Locked out of my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my account: Hello, I am currently locked out of my main account. I've tried using the "account recovery form" 3 times and several of my old passwords and nothing work, my old phone number attached to it is no longer active eitherwould like some help getting in as I need that account, it...
  5. Locked out of my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of my account: I am so beyond frustrated!!!I officially HATE Microsoft!!I work from home and am unable to use my only computer. I got a new computer and when setting up Microsoft “suggested” I use a pin # to log in easier. I tried to create one and it said there was a problem. I followed...
  6. Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent my childs account from getting locked out: Hi,My daughters computer has decided to lock her out really, really frequently. I would like to turn this off. It says "This computer is locked, please come back in 2 hours" or something along those lines. The problem is, it is doing this even if she only gets her passcode...
  7. What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?: Hi, I was wondering when a child can manage their own account and what happens when they reach that age but are already in a Microsoft family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-age-will-the-child-be-able-to-manage-the/314268c2-9eb0-4e13-995e-69bb0f7d255c"
  8. Child account locks out randomly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account locks out randomly: I have a child account that locks out randomly after a couple of minutes of either initially logging the child in or if I increase their screen limit for the day. I have had this happen on 2 different systems now. I have made sure that all updates are completed as well....
  9. Locked out of my account

Locked out of my account: I changed my email address in my account because it is no longer active and now I am being locked out of my account for 30 days and I can't talk with a human being in Microsoft that can do anything about it. And I can't buy any applications from your APP Store for a month....
  10. Locked out of my account

Locked out of my account: I accidently delete my adminstrator account while trying to replace it and i restart my pc now it is asking for a password but not accepting any of my passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-account/9992b0ab-7e95-4cab-a851-9f6d5fbf2a7d"