Windows 10: My child's content and app limits are not working

Discus and support My child's content and app limits are not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, In Windows 10 I have been using app and content limits for my child's own profile on one computer for the last two months and they've been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NomadSKY, Jan 11, 2020.

1. NomadSKY Win User

My child's content and app limits are not working

Hi,

In Windows 10 I have been using app and content limits for my child's own profile on one computer for the last two months and they've been working great ! until this last week.

I've tried all of the fixes noted here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026901/microsoft-account-fix-screen-time-limits-not-working

But none of these helped. I've tested it myself and even after playing with all of the settings on my profile and his removing time completely, adding time, requesting time, etc., nothing has worked and his profile allows him to jump onto Minecraft for however long he wants.

That said, the other content limits are working limited website access, etc., so everything else seems to be fine - it's just with limiting time on Minecraft as an app.

Would welcome any guidance - thanks!

:)

NomadSKY, Jan 11, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Child Time limits not working

My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule

It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his activity log shows how many hours he was on Chrome, but then on the "Content Restrictions" tab, it
    shows that Chrome is supposed to be blocked.

- I have followed the steps on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ft-account-fix-screen-time-limits-not-working

- Windows is up to date

- His account is logged in. And it has been verified.

- I have searched many other threads, forums, etc.

CinBrandon, Jan 11, 2020
  4. My child's content and app limits are not working

Microsoft Family safety not working properly and not able to extened the time limit for child account usage on Windows 10.

Hi Maria,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with other child account or with a specific child's account?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about managing kids request in the Family Safety settings and check if it helps.

Refer to the section: Manage your kids' requests.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Please get back to us with an update on issue with managing Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

My child's content and app limits are not working

1. My child's content and app limits are not working - Similar Threads - child's content app

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop

Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop: Can someone help me set up time limits correctly for my child?Here is what I want to set up:Give my child a 2 hour screen time on his laptop between 8 am and 8 pmI don't want to limit any app in his laptop just lock the screen after 2 hours if required we will temporarily...
  6. My child can workaround Microsoft Family app limits by exploiting an error

My child can workaround Microsoft Family app limits by exploiting an error: Hi, I am using Microsoft Family to limit app times for my kid. But he has found an exploit to skip the limits. He clicks repeatedly fast to a restricted app shortcut on the taskbar pinned. At some point, some error dialog pops up and from then on he can freely use any app....
  7. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety: So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the...
  8. screen limit & content restrictions

screen limit & content restrictions: it appears that the family->child->Content Restrictions blocks use of google chrome browser when enabled for any age group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-limit-content-restrictions/4c407d53-57be-414c-b5d8-a772911a8b84
  9. My child is getting around Screen Time limits

My child is getting around Screen Time limits: A quick look on the internet describes several ways a child can disable parental control on-screen time. Such as going to Task Manager and deleting the "Family Control". This gives my child unlimited access to screen time... There is a YouTube tutorial on this method! If...
  10. Child Time limits not working

Child Time limits not working: My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his...