Windows 10: My Chrome Crashes When Attempting to Attach A File

Discus and support My Chrome Crashes When Attempting to Attach A File in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Chrome keeps crashing everytime I try to upload or attach a file. This happens in Outlook, Microsoft Teams, etc etc. Doesn't matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Plant Daddy, Apr 8, 2021.

1. My Chrome Crashes When Attempting to Attach A File

Hello,

My Chrome keeps crashing everytime I try to upload or attach a file. This happens in Outlook, Microsoft Teams, etc etc. Doesn't matter what tab or application it just crashes.

My Chrome is up-to-date [COLOR=rgba154, 160, 166, 1]Version 89.0.4389.114 Official Build 64-bit[/COLOR]

Computer fairly new.

No virus'.

I've turned off all extensions.

Logged out of my user settings.

Reset cashe and ran "clean up computer" to no avail no harmful software found.

Turned off hardware acceleration and continue running background apps.

This didn't start happening until about 2-3 updates ago. Not even sure which one but it was fine about 1 month ago.

Any help figuring this out would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

Plant Daddy, Apr 8, 2021

2. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

If I attempt to attach an excel or word doc file to a message in gmail in Chrome or Edge the browsers crash. If I try to attach an excel file to Slack or somewhere else, the application crashes after freezing.

Charlie3444, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 8, 2021
  4. My Chrome Crashes When Attempting to Attach A File

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

My Chrome Crashes When Attempting to Attach A File

1. My Chrome Crashes When Attempting to Attach A File - Similar Threads - Chrome Crashes Attempting

2. System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes: Hi!I have a Windows 11 PC, that begun crashing recently. I wanted to find the root cause for the crash to fix it, so I looked in C:/Windows to find the dump file. But, surprise! The MEMORY.DMP file wasn't there! I looked into settings and I ensured dump file settings were...
  3. System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes: Hi!I have a Windows 11 PC, that begun crashing recently. I wanted to find the root cause for the crash to fix it, so I looked in C:/Windows to find the dump file. But, surprise! The MEMORY.DMP file wasn't there! I looked into settings and I ensured dump file settings were...
  4. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  5. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  6. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  8. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  9. Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email: NOTE: The following is true whether I'm using any one of my email accounts on Gmail or Outlook, or if my browser is Firefox, Chrome or Edge... I can attach a document to an email for maybe 3 or 4 times in a row, then on the very next attempt, the computer freezes, and I have...
  10. Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email

Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email: NOTE: The following is true whether I'm using any one of my email accounts on Gmail or Outlook, or if my browser is Firefox, Chrome or Edge... I can attach a document to an email for maybe 3 or 4 times in a row, then on the very next attempt, the computer freezes, and I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 chrome freezes when attaching file