Windows 10: my chrome's default search engine constantly changes to yahoo. is there any way to fix this?

Discus and support my chrome's default search engine constantly changes to yahoo. is there any way to fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ManWalkingDownReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fruik9/my_chromes_default_search_engine_constantly/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ManWalkingDownReddit, Mar 30, 2020.

1. my chrome's default search engine constantly changes to yahoo. is there any way to fix this?

/u/ManWalkingDownReddit, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Shaurija Win User

Windows 10: Search Engine changed to Google but still searches with Yahoo: Firefox, Edge, Chrome

I can change the default search engine to Google on Firefox/Chrome/Edge, but whenever I search something, it still searches with Yahoo despite the default being Google.

My Process:

Firefox:

Step 1.

Click on the Magnifying Glass in the Search Box: Go to Change Search Settings

Default Search Engine: Select Google

Google now shows as the default search engine. Even when I open the magnifying glass on the search box, Google is shown as the search engine being used- But when I actually search, it searches with Yahoo. The only way I can successfully use the search box
    to search with Google is to take it off default so that I can click the google symbol when I open magnifying glass (when I click the symbol while it's the default, it searches with Yahoo instead).

Step 2.

Go back to Change Search Settings

Remove Yahoo from the One-Click Search Engines

The problem persists anyway.

Chrome:

Click on the stack of lines on the right: Go to Settings

Under Search: Click on Manage Search Engines...

Hover over Google: Make Default

Hover over Yahoo: Click on the X and remove it

Click Done

Search in the Omnibox and... It still uses Yahoo.

Microsoft Edge:

Click on the 3 Dots on the Right: Go to Settings

Go to View Advanced Settings

Find "Search in the address bar with" and click Change

Open Google's Homepage so that it can discover it

Click on the discovered Google and Select: Set as Default

Click on Yahoo and Select: Remove

(Bing, the only other search engine provided in the list, can't be removed even though it isn't the default search engine)

Still searches with Yahoo.

Please Help.

Shaurija, May 25, 2020
  3. Dutch Win User
    Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

This way of setting the default search engine in Edge worked fine until yesterday. Now even though I have selected StartPage as my default search engine via:
    • Settings
    • Advanced settings (View Advanced Settings)
    • search in the address bar with (change search engine)

It no longer works properly. Instead, it includes Yahoo and tries to force most searches via Yahoo. How do I get rid Yahoo? Do I need to totally remove it as a search engine option?

Dutch, May 25, 2020
  4. my chrome's default search engine constantly changes to yahoo. is there any way to fix this?

Yahoo search engine

Hi

This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the conventional ways but the program doesn't appear in the program list, nor does it appear when I do a search on the computer (via the bottom left hand panel). Any suggestions?

roymathers, May 25, 2020
Thema:

my chrome's default search engine constantly changes to yahoo. is there any way to fix this?

1. my chrome's default search engine constantly changes to yahoo. is there any way to fix this? - Similar Threads - chrome's default search

2. Yahoo always taking over as my default search engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo always taking over as my default search engine: Every week Yahoo always hijacks mmy computer and takes over as my search engine.I have tried a million times resettiing my default to GOOOGLE in my Chrome Settings but it always switches backI have not downloaded any any new software with a "switching virus"HOW CAN I...
  3. Yahoo always taking over as my default search engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo always taking over as my default search engine: Every week Yahoo always hijacks mmy computer and takes over as my search engine.I have tried a million times resettiing my default to GOOOGLE in my Chrome Settings but it always switches backI have not downloaded any any new software with a "switching virus"HOW CAN I...
  4. Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing: [ATTACH]Some users noticed a weird issue in their web browsers. Their default search engine changes automatically to Yahoo or Bing. This issue was mostly reported on Google Chrome. However, if you use another web browser, you may also experience this problem. According to...
  5. How to change default search engines?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default search engines?: Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I use google chrome as my search engine but for some reason yesterday when I opened a new tab, Yahoo was the browser. I went to my settings to change chrome back to being the default browser, but it said chrome is...
  6. yahoo search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    yahoo search engine: For some reason, when i open Google Chrome, it shows yahoo search engine, even though I don't have yahoo installed on my computer. I would like to know how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-search-engine/0f07dd0d-d659-40ee-8539-f5e38a9a3dbc
  7. Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...: Please help. How to get Google to search. (I don't like Yahoo to search.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-new-computer-the-search-engine-is-yahoo-i/16b5e678-59d4-4a96-9167-2e11010d9a25
  8. Yahoo search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo search engine: Hi This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the...
  9. Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows How to Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can use the address bar (omnibox) as a search box. It automatically uses Google by default, but you can set another...
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Firefox: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Firefox How to Change Default Search Engine in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), Google is used as the default search engine in the address bar and search bar. Firefox comes with the...