Windows 10: My colleague got his HDD formatted by mistake from his laptop (under warranty). I've got...

Discus and support My colleague got his HDD formatted by mistake from his laptop (under warranty). I've got... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it safe to give him? submitted by /u/AayushBoliya [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AayushBoliya, Aug 29, 2020.

1. My colleague got his HDD formatted by mistake from his laptop (under warranty). I've got...

/u/AayushBoliya, Aug 29, 2020

2. CMD formatting by mistake!!!

First, I would like to make a wish list to get more information if possible.

Can you share the video?____

(before taking further steps to find what went wrong)

Care to explain further that you made a list a volume to avoid mistakes? _____

Are you willing to write up exactly or close to, each step you took? _____

(This will help to find the real status of the HDD)

What type of HDD you own? ________

What size is the HDD?_______

Did you deleted the partition? ________

Did you formated again? _______

Did you write on the new partition?______

(Hope not, for it will be more complicated to recover data)

Format of an HDD may destroy/corrupt some data type but it is possible to recover by using advanced programs like EaseUS Partition Recovery. Depending of how much you have done after deletion there may be hope. It will not be an easy task and depending of
    the level of formatting used, you may have back most of your data.

My best advice is :

1. Do not repartition and write anything after disconnecting/connecting or turning off/on that drive. If you have written anything after that format event, things get more complicated.

2. If you have valuable data missing, I suggest you to take the HDD to a PC expert if your have not much experience in computer hardware.

3. If you feel up to the task then Google up until you have more than one source of information and programs under your wing before trying to do more damage to the deleted data.

4. You must install the recovery programs on a different partition than your normal OS if you want to get better results, but it is not required. Since it is an external HDD and have no issues with OS files, you just need to have it recognized by your PC. Some
    external HDD have their own utility program and upon first recovery they can go back to the prior stage. All depends in brand and utility.

Now, since you were able to hit that key to run the format command, I assume you either had been misinformed or lack experience in using PC hardware. Either way, there is hope only if you make your mind to risk doing a DYS or the trip to the PC shop.

Last, it is not going to be cheap, unless you are technical savvy, have patience and time and enough experience with similar scenarios.

Armando Campo, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 29, 2020
  4. My colleague got his HDD formatted by mistake from his laptop (under warranty). I've got...

suggest brand for 2.5" HDD from my laptop

I need to purchase a new sata 2.5" HDD from my laptop.
    500 gb
    Pls suggest which brand to go for?

looking for good quality and long life with high warranty yrs.

Some say that Hitachi HDD are very gud...!

pls suggest.

alivehunter, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

My colleague got his HDD formatted by mistake from his laptop (under warranty). I've got...

1. My colleague got his HDD formatted by mistake from his laptop (under warranty). I've got... - Similar Threads - colleague got HDD

2. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  3. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  4. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microsoft account got hacked, hacker just changed the main email with his and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked, hacker just changed the main email with his and then...: Hello, my minecraft account bind to microsoft and someone just hacked my microsoft accont and change the Main email, i cannot login to microsoft because of that and i lost my minecraft account too. I have many evidence like email from microsoft and invoice that i buy...
  6. My microsoft account got hacked, hacker just changed the main email with his and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account got hacked, hacker just changed the main email with his and then...: Hello, my minecraft account bind to microsoft and someone just hacked my microsoft accont and change the Main email, i cannot login to microsoft because of that and i lost my minecraft account too. I have many evidence like email from microsoft and invoice that i buy...
  7. My microsoft account got hacked, hacker just changed the main email with his and then...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email: So, I have been using my pc for over a year now. I have logged onto everything with my email, let’s call it k@, from the Xbox companion app to the mail app, everything Microsoft related. I log out of my Xbox companion app to let my brother for once go one and talk to his...
  9. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  10. My son was able to purchase products using his password for his account From My account the...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My son was able to purchase products using his password for his account From My account the...: my Child is under A child account but some how after recent updates.my Child was able to buy Purchases from Microsoft store In his account even when the settings in the Family manages account is set to needs to ask a Parents Permission, he even was able to us his Account on...