Windows 10: My Comcast email acct. stopped working for the Windows 10 "MAIL" program.

Discus and support My Comcast email acct. stopped working for the Windows 10 "MAIL" program. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My main Comcast email account stopped working on my Laptop + PC's in Windows 10 "MAIL" program. It had worked ok, but now will not send or receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimichrome, Dec 29, 2020.

1. My Comcast email acct. stopped working for the Windows 10 "MAIL" program.

My main Comcast email account stopped working on my Laptop + PC's in Windows 10 "MAIL" program. It had worked ok, but now will not send or receive emails. 2 other Comcast accounts work ok in MAIL The problem email account works ok within the Comcast/Xfinity email program. I've carefully addressed passwords, updates and followed suggestions in this forum with no success......including deleting the problem account, re-adding it again to MAIL. It registers ok but still will not send or receive.

Here's the sticking point where hopefully someone can help: ​

Under Windows 10 account settings for the problem account "Comcast 2" I re-enter the password, careful not to screw anything up, Where it says"Change mailbox sync settings" it's usually greyed out and can't be asserted, but then sometimes it frees up giving mail server configuration access which looks correct & matches with 2 other working Comcast mail accounts in Win 10 "MAIL". Anything I've tried will not fix my problem. Thank you, Jim​

:)

jimichrome, Dec 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 email stopped syncing with Comcast mail

Windows 10 email stopped syncing with Comcast mail 2 days ago. When I go into the settings to check that it's syncing, the option to sync mail is grayed out. How can I fix this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC]

Iris Palazesi, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    eMail Program For New pc ?

Windows 10 Mail should be sufficient for your needs...

Configure Windows 10 Mail for Comcast Email

Edwin, Dec 29, 2020
  4. My Comcast email acct. stopped working for the Windows 10 "MAIL" program.

Nokia 822-can't sync email with Comcast acct

I just got a new Nokia 822 with Verizon this week. So far extremely disappointing results.

I have several email accounts amongst which are 2 with Comcast.

I set up the accounts thru the phone using Settings > email+accounts > +add an account > other account

I entered in appropriate info

I am self employed. I use W7 Home Professional and Outlook 2007 (standalone not exchange) to send and receive email at home. Email works flawlessly on home PC.

The problem is that the Comcast accounts on the phone do not sync. I have verified new messages against the PC.

• Sometimes I don;t receive any email on the phone at all (speaking strictly for the Comcast account - other accounts are OK)
    • Sometimes I will receive 1 or 2 emails out of say 10 new messages
    • If I *do* have a message on the phone using manual sync deletes the message on the phone- where they go I have no idea
    • If I *do* have a message and merely read it - if I switch apps and come back the message is gone - wtf!
    • Checking all the folders on the email account on phone reveals empty folders
    I can *SEND* email from the Comcast acct on the phone but receiving it is spotty at best.

I have tried a battery pull

I have tried a hard reset

I have deleted account and attempted to set up another 4 or 5 times - always the same result

I have triple checked Incoming and Outgoing server settings - both via this forum and also with Comcast support.

I spent a few hours with Comcast support - they were clueless.

I spent a few hours with Verizon support - they are clueless

KellyJennings, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

My Comcast email acct. stopped working for the Windows 10 "MAIL" program.

1. My Comcast email acct. stopped working for the Windows 10 "MAIL" program. - Similar Threads - Comcast email acct

2. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  4. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  5. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  6. Comcast email icon

7. Windows 10 and Comcast E-mail issues

Windows 10 and Comcast E-mail issues: Has anyone had issues lately syncing Windows 10 Mail to their Comcast account? My Comcast e-mail has not been working for about 1 1/2 weeks ongoing and was sporadic for about 1 week before that. I also am not able to get to the Comcast webmail page as I get the message that...
  8. On my Mail and Calendar Acct.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On my Mail and Calendar Acct.: On my Mail and Calendar Acct., When I go to manage accounts and click on my acct. I just a window that flashes for a split second, therefore I cant open it to delete this account and try a new one. How do I fix this??...
  9. Microsoft mail and Comcast account

Microsoft mail and Comcast account: Hi, I read an article about how you can get contacts from gmail onto Windows Mail. Is there a way that I can get those same contacts, stored in Gmail as well as my Comcast email account into Windows Mail? I use my comcast email 99.9% of the time. I am running Windows...
  10. Windows 10 Mail not syncing with Comcast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing with Comcast: I have tried to set up a couple of Comcast email accounts in Win 10 Mail. The setup precedes OK, but then I get the message: [ATTACH] I know the password is OK. I called Comcast but they do not what the problem is. Any suggestions? MikeT in VA...