Windows 10: my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins

Discus and support my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how can I enter the sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Piotrowski&, Dec 4, 2018.

1. my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins

how can I enter the sleep mode

:)

Piotrowski&, Dec 4, 2018

2. Why Live Tile is updated in Windows Phone @ 30 Mins interval?

Hi Jay..

Thanks for response!!!

I tried as per suggested steps, unfortunalty does not help.

I think it is Windows OS Limitation to have tile update on every 30 mins.

Shrikrishna Khupasangikar, Dec 4, 2018
  3. TJC4 Win User
    Power Settings say sleep @ 30 min but computer sleeps @ 2.5 minutes

I've tried posting this before but the one and only reply I got from MSFT was not helpful and then MSFT stopped replying to thread so I'm creating a new post...

Here's Original Post:

Problem started occurring since upgrading to Windows 10. Same machine running Windows 8 had no issues.

My computer isn't supposed to sleep for 15 (battery) or 30 minutes (plugged in). But it sleeps after approximately 2.5 minutes. I just tested twice while plugged in. One test I timed at 2 min 32 sec and one at 2 min 33 sec.

Huge pain in the **** as I have a very strong password and I'm accidentally locked out of my computer approx 100x / day.

Below are my power settings:

System > Power & Sleep Settings: instruct both the screen to turn off and the computer to sleep at 15 minutes when on battery and 30 minutes when plugged in.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings: also instruct both the screen to turn off and the computer to sleep at 15 minutes when on battery and 30 minutes when plugged in.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options: I'm running the default "Balanced (recommended)" power plan, not a custom power plan.

You can
    see the bad advice I got in response here

I tried running the Power Troubleshooter as suggested but that didn't work.

I clicked the "How to create and delete a power plan" link but could not access the content as MSFT detected I was running Windows 10 and the link was to Windows 8 content so I was redirected to some Windows 10 content homepage (nothing related to power
    - just general Windows 10 stuff).

Similarly the "Clean Boot" link provided had nothing regarding Windows 10.

I'M RUNNING WINDOWS 10. NO MORE WINDOWS 8 ADVICE, PLEASE.

TJC4, Dec 4, 2018
  4. TJC4 Win User

my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins

Power Settings say sleep @ 30 min but computer sleeps @ 2.5 minutes

Problem started occurring since upgrading to Windows 10. Same machine running Windows 8 had no issues.

My computer isn't supposed to sleep for 15 (battery) or 30 minutes (plugged in). But it sleeps after approximately 2.5 minutes. I just tested twice while plugged in. One test I timed at 2 min 32 sec and one at 2 min 33 sec.

Huge pain in the **** as I have a very strong password and I'm accidentally locked out of my computer approx 100x / day.

Below are my power settings:

System > Power & Sleep Settings: instruct both the screen to turn off and the computer to sleep at 15 minutes when on battery and 30 minutes when plugged in.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings: also instruct both the screen to turn off and the computer to sleep at 15 minutes when on battery and 30 minutes when plugged in.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options: I'm running the default "Balanced (recommended)" power plan, not a custom power plan.

my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins adf807db-61e4-4257-993b-9ae64eafc57c.png

TJC4, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins

1. my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins - Similar Threads - comp sleep mins

2. PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST: Hello! I've noticed that everyday at 12:30 EST my PC goes to sleep out of nowhere. Does anyone have a way to stop this from happening? Or is this intended to happen?...
  3. PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST: Hello! I've noticed that everyday at 12:30 EST my PC goes to sleep out of nowhere. Does anyone have a way to stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-going-to-sleep-at-1230-est/844e8822-fd15-4d91-85d4-bd67d8c1f7e6
  4. laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs: I have windows 11 home edition my device sleeps or we can say goes to lockscreen after 30 seconds or so but the time some times varies to o I have tried contacting support but it didnt help then I saw a post...
  5. laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs: I have windows 11 home edition my device sleeps or we can say goes to lockscreen after 30 seconds or so but the time some times varies to o I have tried contacting support but it didnt help then I saw a post...
  6. Windows 10 comp won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 comp won't go to sleep: I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem where when I tried putting my comp to sleep with the Power button from the Start menu?I currently am running an AMD Ryzen 3800x on a Gigabyte 570x gaming motherboard and an Nvidia RTX 2080. So far I have tried:-...
  7. Random Shutdowns every 30 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Shutdowns every 30 mins: Hello! Using a machine with hardware from around ~2012/13, and just late 2020 i started encountering a quite annoying problem. Namely every 30 mins exactly, with a few seconds behind or after that here and there, it does a random shutdown. The machine is not overheating,...
  8. stop from going into sleep mode in 30 seconds

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop from going into sleep mode in 30 seconds: my computer goes into lockdown mode even when i sneeze........i am the only person in my home, i do NOT want the computer to go into this mode....... have tried reget, setting time parameters.......it still does it no matter what.......
  9. Help been at this screen for 30 min......

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help been at this screen for 30 min......: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/danp1016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkdx3g/help_been_at_this_screen_for_30_min/
  10. Crashes/Freezes with in 30 mins!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes/Freezes with in 30 mins!!!: So everytime I log into windows 10 (10041) it crashes, but not immediately only after a period of time. Ive tryed to time it and it seams to be almost random.. I check the task manager and it says my performance is running fine. PLEASE NOTE that this did not happen on the...