Windows 10: my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager

Discus and support my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobAllen4, Mar 10, 2019.

1. BobAllen4 Win User

my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager

my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager

:)

BobAllen4, Mar 10, 2019

2. External HDD Error: "USB device not recognized"

Hi!
    I have an issue with an LaCie Rikiki external drive. As the title says, I get "USB device not recognized" error in Device manager with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" status. The drive does not show up in Disk Management either. I have tried different USB cables on different PCs but with the same result.
    Thanks in advance!

shikamaru2388, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Aevum Win User
    usb device not recognized

too many devices on the same usb hub, 1 usb hub can only give around 150mA to 1 device, but that device can negotiate to get 550mA, but in that case its sucking all the power that the specific USB hub can provide, usualy wifi and bluetooth will suck up 550mA, diabling the hub for more devices

Aevum, Mar 10, 2019
  4. mandango Win User

USB 3.0 7port hub sometimes not recognized at boot

I have a an externally powered 7-port USB 3.0 hub which normally gets shown in device manager with 2 entries of "USB 3.0 Hub" and device ID #USB\VID_05E3&PID_0612&REV_9226 on the detailed property page.

My Mobo is an MSI H87-G41 PC Mate.

The hub gets its external power from a switchable power outlet, so it gets powered up at the same time as the PC gets its power.

On every other boot my windows 7 pro 64bit doesn't recognize the hub but just lists an "unknown device".

If I unplug the hub and reconnect it, it gets recognized properly again and attached devices like mouse, usb3 hdd, numeric keypad all work properly.

What makes windows sometimes not detecting the device properly and how can I prevent this?

mandango, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager - Similar Threads - comp wont recognize

2. USB Hub not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Hub not recognized: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS. I have one free USB port. I bought a USB hub to gain access to multiple USB ports -for an external camera and a headset. When I use each separately, they work fine without the hub. When I plug the USB hub into the free port, nothing is...
  3. USB Hub not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Hub not recognized: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS. I have one free USB port. I bought a USB hub to gain access to multiple USB ports -for an external camera and a headset. When I use each separately, they work fine without the hub. When I plug the USB hub into the free port, nothing is...
  4. USB Hub not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  6. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  7. Needs help VIA USB 2 Hub - Device VUSB\VID_2109&PID_3431\8&1bd886d1&0&1 requires further...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Needs help VIA USB 2 Hub - Device VUSB\VID_2109&PID_3431\8&1bd886d1&0&1 requires further...: Universal Serial Bus controllersLocation 1 USB2.0 HubVIA USB 2 Hubhardware id's :VUSB\VID_2109&PID_3431&REV_0420VUSB\VID_2109&PID_3431compatible id'sVUSB2\CLASS_09&SUBCLASS_00&PROT_00VUSB2\CLASS_09&SUBCLASS_00VUSB2\CLASS_09Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  8. Recognize USB HUB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recognize USB HUB: So I have a USB hub for my two computers and when my computer goes into sleep I switch it back and then it can't wake it up with it anymore. I have made it able to wake it up in device manager. Also, is it normal for custom built computers to go through UEFI and reload...
  9. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  10. My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...: My W 10 Laptop signals when I disconnect my flash drive. DeviceManager says Generic USB Flash Disk USB Device. It is a 32GB drive. Can any one help, please?...