Windows 10: "my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick

Discus and support "my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We had our three computers connected together on Win 7. Upgraded all to Win 10 - two on Enterprise and one on Pro. Trying to get them set up with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Museum Volunteer, May 15, 2020.

1. "my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick

We had our three computers connected together on Win 7.

Upgraded all to Win 10 - two on Enterprise and one on Pro.

Trying to get them set up with a workgroup without a domain but they won't share with each other. All are on ethernet on same network and all can ping each other. They all can see each other.

Set up as Private network, Network discovery and automatic setup of network devices allowed. File and print sharing enabled.

for all networks, public folder sharing is on, 128 bit encryption set, password protected sharing is off.

All on the same workgroup and rebooted showing this workgroup but "my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick when selected.

Edit: In fact, it turns out, the one Win10 Pro system can access files on the two Win10 Enterprise systems but not vice versa nor can the Enterprise systems access the Win10 Pro system.

I upgraded the Win10 Pro system first and it wouldn't talk to the others still on Win7 Pro any more. I found some article online that gave me a fix for it but I can't find it now and then the Win10 Pro system accessed the others on Win 7 pro. Once the other two systems were upgraded to Win 10, neither communicated with each other and although in Windows Explorer, they both see all three machines, neither can access the any of the others.

:)

Museum Volunteer, May 15, 2020
  2. SG1000 Win User

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410, to windows 10, I cannot access the shared drive on the network. I can connect to the network, see shared printers and any shared workstations, and can even access the internet, but cannot connect to the shared drive. When attempting to do so, the message about missing network protocols come up. I have tried a few suggested fixes but cannot fix the issue.

Any ideas?

SG1000, May 15, 2020
  3. Purchasing a web domain

I would suggest using this company. Used them several times for expiring domains and have snagged every single one of them.

https://www.snapnames.com/

ZenZimZaliben, May 15, 2020
  4. "my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, May 15, 2020
Thema:

"my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick

1. "my company uses a network without a domain" won't stick - Similar Threads - company uses network

2. network companies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network companies: Can the employee registration company server on the Internet, such as browsing websites or downloading files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-companies/644e80d8-8f51-4b3c-bfc4-50f7e9f2dd31
  3. network companies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network companies: Can the employee registration company server on the Internet, such as browsing websites or downloading files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-companies/644e80d8-8f51-4b3c-bfc4-50f7e9f2dd31
  4. network companies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  6. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  7. Network (wifi) settings won't stick

Network (wifi) settings won't stick: Network settings randomly flip. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Linksys Velop WHW0303 wifi VPN ASUS (Broadcom) 802.11ac network adapter All drivers, firmware, and software seems to be up-to-date. Network settings randomly flip: The first...
  8. Using Teams in HyperV with Company domain

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Using Teams in HyperV with Company domain: I have a company laptop with Teams and obviously that works fine. However, I wanted to install Teams on my personal pc and decided to use a HyperV vm to run as it needs to use a company domain and that takes over control of certain aspects. In particular, it requires you to...
  9. Domain Network?

Domain Network?: I somehow have lost my Domain Network on my computers and I don't know why. Can anyone help me? I have no Network ID cause it is faded out=why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-network/6c28a03c-8d7e-4dd7-b087-c23fb462c3ba
  10. Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.: At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410,...