Windows 10: My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

Discus and support My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Derpy_Man_in_a_Can, Feb 2, 2019.

1. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need to reset my computer, or if it's an easy fix.

:)

Derpy_Man_in_a_Can, Feb 2, 2019

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Keyboard acts like i'm holding down CTRL key

My pc about a week ago started acting like I was holding down my CTRL key. I went and bought another keyboard, it didn't work, I also tried to reseting my computer, it didn't work, I also tried an anti virus, it didn't work, I tried contacting Microsoft
    and they didn't help me.

Also sometimes my pc types 'cv' randomly

Please HELP

Restarting the computer works but for 30 minutes or so only

AlexisDelgado1, Feb 2, 2019
  4. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

Make a shift key behave like an arrow key

I have a Windows 10 laptop with a keyboard designed by idiots. They tried to cram the arrow keys where they don't belong, with the result that the up arrow key is between the right shift key and the / key (US keyboard layout). This is one of the stupidest things the designers could have done, because it means that when I go to hit the right shift key (which is most of the time), I end up hitting up arrow instead. This is incredibly annoying.

I found a program called Sharp Keys which allows me to remap the keys such that the up arrow behaves as shift and the right shift behaves as up arrow. Now, at least I can type. However, I've now lost important functionality for the up arrow key. Up arrow (now labeled "shift" on my keyboard) doesn't repeat. So, I can't just hold the key down to move up. Instead, I have to hit the key repeatedly. How can I fix this, so my right shift key behaves like up arrow and my up arrow key behaves like right shift?

EDIT

Following a suggestion from the comments, I installed AutoHotkey. I have the following script:

I have the same problem as earlier. But, since AHK is a scripting language, is it possible to use it to change the repeat behavior?

Scott Severance, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

1. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key. - Similar Threads - computer acts I'm

2. Why is my laptop acting like I'm holding down the downwards arrow key any time I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop acting like I'm holding down the downwards arrow key any time I try to...: So I just got this laptop because my previous one was having the same issue, but with the old one I just thought it was old since it had a few years under it's belt. This new one I haven't even had for 90 days is doing the exact same thing. I can't even access my settings...
  3. Why is my laptop acting like I'm holding down the downwards arrow key any time I try to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop acting like I'm holding down the downwards arrow key any time I try to...: So I just got this laptop because my previous one was having the same issue, but with the old one I just thought it was old since it had a few years under it's belt. This new one I haven't even had for 90 days is doing the exact same thing. I can't even access my settings...
  4. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  5. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  6. Computer acts as if I'm holding down on a controller, but only in games...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer acts as if I'm holding down on a controller, but only in games...: I just started having this problem a few hours ago, and I haven't been able to find a solution. I started up Hitman, and the cursor was super glitchy. I could barely do anything in the menus, so I thought my controller might have accidentally turned on in the drawer. When I...
  7. Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down: I have windows 10, have had windows 10 since release. This is a newer issue that started happening this year. I have swapped out keyboards, i have a new mouse, I do use an xbox one controller for gaming but always have. And for the last ehh.. year ish this has befuddled me....
  8. Computer holding down up arrow key

Computer holding down up arrow key: Hello, My PC running Windows 10 seems to be holding down the up arrow key on the keyboard. I have tested unplugging my keyboard and rebooting multiple times to no avail. It seems that my mouse that came with the pre-built gaming CyberPowerPC registers as both a keyboard...
  9. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.: Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer....
  10. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key: Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only way I have been able to fix this is by fully shutting down and rebooting. I cannot recreate it so I can't call support. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. software problem 2 key acts like down arrow