Windows 10: My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included)

Discus and support My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone know what this sound is? It's been happening for a while, I'm worried its some kind of application i should uninstall or something.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewPlessas, Oct 10, 2019.

1. My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included)

Anyone know what this sound is? It's been happening for a while, I'm worried its some kind of application i should uninstall or something.

https://youtu.be/RWcxRtNYLcA

:)

AndrewPlessas, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Rivergoat Win User
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Oct 10, 2019
  4. My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included)

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included)

1. My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included) - Similar Threads - computer always makes

2. Why is my computer making strange sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer making strange sounds?: I was using the computer designing something, then a weird sound happened. When I press the control key and the touchpad at the same time, it made a ka-ching or a printer sound after the process is done and printer prints like sound. What is going on?...
  3. Why is my computer making strange sounds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer making strange sounds?: I was using the computer designing something, then a weird sound happened. When I press the control key and the touchpad at the same time, it made a ka-ching or a printer sound after the process is done and printer prints like sound. What is going on?...
  4. Why is CSGO making my computer sound bad?

Why is CSGO making my computer sound bad?: There's an issue with my audio. It's normally fine when just using my computer but when I launch CSGO, the audio changes to a much less processed quality and changes my entire computer's sound. As an example, when I listen to my Spotify, the songs sound very good and...
  5. Why my windows 11 computer when startup always show error sound?

Why my windows 11 computer when startup always show error sound?: Why my win 11 computer when startup always show error sound? Hello Microsoft Community, I'm having a Windows 11 computer. And I have a problem: -Everytime I start the computer, it always shows the error sound. Can anybody help me?...
  6. Why my windows 11 computer when startup always show error sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 11 computer when startup always show error sound?: Why my win 11 computer when startup always show error sound? Hello Microsoft Community, I'm having a Windows 11 computer. And I have a problem: -Everytime I start the computer, it always shows the error sound. Can anybody help me?...
  7. How to make a custom startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make a custom startup sound?: So after 4 hours, trying the "sounds" way, trying the "create a task" way I get nothing at all. And when I do the "sounds way" and enable windows startup sound I get the windows 8 sound no matter how much I change it submitted by /u/WesternRollsRoyce [link] [comments]...
  8. videos and sound dead on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    videos and sound dead on computer: same problem, no videos whatsoever in edge, facebook, youtube. it just freezes after playing the first 1/2 second or so. after the video switches from buffering to playing and buffering. it freezes on commercial advertisements too. I occasionally get a video off Instagram to...
  9. My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound

My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound: Hello, i have this problem were my computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds. Have updated all of my drivers and everything is up to date. It happens maybe 1-2 times a day and its very annoying... I haven't overclocked. My specs: Mobo-ASUS ROG STRIX Z390...
  10. Computer always starts in startup repair

Computer always starts in startup repair: So i was using my computer one day downloading some things from steam then suddenly my computer restarts and what i get is startup repair so i go through the whole scan and click finish and so the computer restarts again but boom startup repair again. Is there any way to fix...