Windows 10: My computer bluescreens every time I bump/pick up my laptop -- what can I do?

Discus and support My computer bluescreens every time I bump/pick up my laptop -- what can I do? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a dell latitude 7280, and every time I pick it up or bump it, it bluescreens on me. It's bluescreened on me more than 10 times in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Willzholl, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Willzholl Win User

My computer bluescreens every time I bump/pick up my laptop -- what can I do?

Hello. I have a dell latitude 7280, and every time I pick it up or bump it, it bluescreens on me. It's bluescreened on me more than 10 times in the past month. This all started about 3 months ago, when my hard drive went out. I replaced it, reinstalled windows, and everything was good from there until about a month later, when my computer started bluescreening. I wiped the thing and reinstalled windows, and everything was great again. Then, a few weeks later, my computer was suddenly super slow and buggy one morning, and I spent 3 hours trying to load a simple program. I ended up wiping it, again, and reinstalled windows. I also took my computer apart as much as I could, and put it back together. After I did that, my computer went 2 weeks without bluescreening, and everything was fine. However, from that point to now, my computer continues to bluescreen every time I pick it up or bump it. note, given that i've wiped my computer 3-4 times in the past 3 months, I figure this is probably a hardware issue, but I'm not sure how to diagnose/figure out what the problem is. --> Here is a list of the bluescreen errors I've gotten ever since I replaced the hard drive 3 months ago:

IQRL not less or equal

Kernal security check failure

memory management

PFN list corrupt

CLFS.sys

Driver overran stack buffer

Also note that I've gotten a different bsod error every time my computer has bluescreened, but each consists of one of the following in the list I just described.

--Here is a link to a google drive video of the issue occurring:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dOikpudonfY6uzc9lM2I1u4O62Q8nQaI/view?usp=sharing

With all this in mind, my big question is, what do I do to stop this annoying problem? Is it a hardware issue like I suspect? How can I diagnose and pinpoint the problem? I've already run cmd checks on my disk and stuff to check for software issues and the health of the hard drive, but I'm starting to wonder if this is hardware and not software like maybe a memory/ram issue, or cpu, or something. Its funny, my warranty expired on this laptop just DAYS before my hard drive failed, and with it came future problems. Of course.

Anyway, all help appreciated. I'm a student in college, and I'd really can't buy a new laptop right now, so I'd really like to figure out what the problem is and hopefully fix it.

Thx,

Will H

:)

Willzholl, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Nov 21, 2020
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Nov 21, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer bluescreens every time I bump/pick up my laptop -- what can I do? - Similar Threads - computer bluescreens every

2. My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone: I've read different topic on this and my laptop is always opening itself with a wrong time zone. I've check the settings and they are all on automatic even daylight saving time, I'm on the eastern US seaboard and my clocks sets itself on the US West coast, 3 hours difference....
  3. My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone: I've read different topic on this and my laptop is always opening itself with a wrong time zone. I've check the settings and they are all on automatic even daylight saving time, I'm on the eastern US seaboard and my clocks sets itself on the US West coast, 3 hours difference....
  4. This pop ups every time I open my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This pop ups every time I open my computer: Every time I open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-ups-every-time-i-open-my-computer/a793a15b-2efb-4680-87aa-a416c0edc2fc
  5. This pop ups every time I open my computer

This pop ups every time I open my computer: Every time I open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-ups-every-time-i-open-my-computer/a793a15b-2efb-4680-87aa-a416c0edc2fc
  6. This pop ups every time I open my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Every time i install anything my computer goes bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i install anything my computer goes bluescreen: I have no clue how to fix it but i know sorta whats causing it the code i ended up getting when it blue screened wasStop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONif anyone could help that would be awesome please and thank you...
  8. Every time i install anything my computer goes bluescreen

Every time i install anything my computer goes bluescreen: I have no clue how to fix it but i know sorta whats causing it the code i ended up getting when it blue screened wasStop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONif anyone could help that would be awesome please and thank you...
  9. Why my laptop bluescreen every time i charge it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop bluescreen every time i charge it?: When the laptop have battery, it's normal and when i charge the laptop while i use it, it always blue screen, and the stop code message that appears is often different. Sometimes "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" , "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" , "EXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_FILE" , and i...
  10. Why my laptop bluescreen every time i charge it?

Why my laptop bluescreen every time i charge it?: When the laptop have battery, it's normal and when i charge the laptop while i use it, it always blue screen, and the stop code message that appears is often different. Sometimes "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" , "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" , "EXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_FILE" , and i...