Windows 10: My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time

Discus and support My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having an interesting issue with my computer. I usually use it between 12:00am and 4:00am, however when I boot my PC and load up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by apvetter, Oct 26, 2020.

1. apvetter Win User

My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time

Hello,

I have been having an interesting issue with my computer. I usually use it between 12:00am and 4:00am, however when I boot my PC and load up applications i.e Discord/Steam games, my PC will usually Bluescreen within 10 minutes. I have gotten several different bluescreens such as KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, etc. This seems to happen once during the boot and then it's fine until the next time I use my PC the following day. There have been instances where I received a BSOD while restarting, and then immediately after a restart on the login page. Additionally, there was one instance where I needed to reload from a restore point, where luckily I had one from not too long ago. If I was getting 1 or 2 consistent BSOD error codes, I would normally troubleshoot from there, but since there are so many different error codes, I was confused and thought I should reach out to the community. I have tried updating windows and drivers so far. I have a feeling that clean installing may help fix some of my issues, however I have roughly 400gb of games and applications on my SSD and I have poor internet, so redownloading would take awhile I had to fresh install and redownload all my apps and docs 3 times in the span of a week a couple of months ago and it was torture.

I will leave my specs below, let me know if there are any general fixes/diagnostics that I can look into in order to help me pinpoint this frustrating and puzzling issue.

Thanks!

Specs,

Windows 10x64 v.1909

MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus OC

RAM: Corsair VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB 2x16GB

I don't know if any other specs are important, but if they are, let me know and I'll be happy to update!

:)

apvetter, Oct 26, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Hello and welcome to TenForums My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time :)

The log files that you provided only show one crash dump file so there is not a lot of information to go on. Furthermore the bugcheck code is not one I have ever seen before!

The stack recorded in the dump includes some references to storage and the analysis suggests memory corruption and so with nothing else to go on I would suggest that you do a check on the hard disk and RAM. This maybe the same as you have already run but it would be good to see the results.

Try CHKDSK
    using option 3
    Then

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Similarly with a memory test it would be good to post the results after you have run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes

You indicated that many more crashes have occurred, however, they are not being recorded. Please make sure that your system is setup to record crash dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

If the BSOD errors are all different it does tend to suggest a hardware problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

philc43, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Bluescreen on booting. Error code AMD Northbridge.

Hi,

This could be due to a corrupted system file upon the update. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Which build version currently runs on your device?
    • Aside from the AMD Northbridge error message, are you receiving other error codes?

For starters, we suggest running an SFC and
    DISM on the device to check on the root cause of the issue. We also suggest
    referring to this support article as troubleshooting: Troubleshoot blue screen errors. The said article
    contains a step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot BSOD.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Oct 26, 2020
  4. My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time

error code ?

When did the error code appear? During POST? Was it a Windows bluescreen error?

Polaris573, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time

1. My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time - Similar Threads - Computer bluescreens once

2. BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME: Hello, I have been getting BSOD of different error every time. It has been 2 months since this issue has started and I have done every possible solution there is to every BSOD error there is from replacing every component of my pc one by one to reinstalling windows, upgrading...
  3. BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME: Hello, I have been getting BSOD of different error every time. It has been 2 months since this issue has started and I have done every possible solution there is to every BSOD error there is from replacing every component of my pc one by one to reinstalling windows, upgrading...
  4. BSOD different errors every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD different errors every time: Hello, I encountered a BSOD yesterday and it kept appearing just a few moments after windows login. Errors have mostly been something about memory management for example kmode_exception_not_handled, attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, critical structure corruption, driver...
  5. BSOD different errors every time

BSOD different errors every time: Hello, I encountered a BSOD yesterday and it kept appearing just a few moments after windows login. Errors have mostly been something about memory management for example kmode_exception_not_handled, attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, critical structure corruption, driver...
  6. My PC keeps bluescreening with a differen error code every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps bluescreening with a differen error code every time.: So my pc's been randomly crashing about once a day at most for the past few months, this didn't bother me too much since it only rarely happened. But since 3 days ago it suddenly started crashing more frequently, now it's crashing every 5 minutes to every hour or more. I...
  7. My PC keeps bluescreening with a differen error code every time.

My PC keeps bluescreening with a differen error code every time.: So my pc's been randomly crashing about once a day at most for the past few months, this didn't bother me too much since it only rarely happened. But since 3 days ago it suddenly started crashing more frequently, now it's crashing every 5 minutes to every hour or more. I...
  8. My PC keeps bluescreening with a differen error code every time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Constant BSOD and Restarting with Different BSOD Error Codes Every Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant BSOD and Restarting with Different BSOD Error Codes Every Time: My PC since building has randomly been crashing and BSOD'ing around 3 times a day. I get different error codes almost every time. Sometimes, the PC will restart without BSOD'ing, and sometimes it will BSOD and not create a dump file which is really frustrating. Here is my...
  10. BSOD Usually once per boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Usually once per boot: I usually, but no always, get a BSOD after starting up my computer. After a reboot, I rarely get a BSOD again. Dump is attached. Thanks for the help. 76452