Windows 10: My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst...

Discus and support My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with my 9 year old PC. It boots extremely slow. When i start windows , it stucks at Lenovo logo for 2-3 mins. When i boot into another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SahibSingh395, Jan 1, 2019.

1. My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst...

I have a problem with my 9 year old PC. It boots extremely slow. When i start windows , it stucks at Lenovo logo for 2-3 mins. When i boot into another os .. it stucks there well. Sometimes my PC boots very fast and shows no error. Slow booting leads to disappearing of CD Drive . When i put a CD, it shows nothing. I dont know what is going on.

:)

SahibSingh395, Jan 1, 2019
  2. vito7766 Win User

Extremely Slow....

For some reason my hard drive switched from Dma to Pio mode and I can't switch it back. Any suggestions? I've looked all over the bios, nothing, and the properties at the Device Manager say Dma if available.*Confused My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst... :confused: My computer went from booting in 35 seconds to 2-3 minutes.*Bang Head :banghead:

vito7766, Jan 1, 2019
  3. taoelle Win User
    Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:
    • 40 seconds: the HP logo screen with a loading circle
    • then ~2 minutes: black/empty screen with a loading circle
    • then comes the log in screen with the time and date
    • and after that 20 seconds of the Welcome screen with the loading circle

I also mention that at least 5 minutes after that the disk is at 100%

I tried to disable some services and tasks but it didn't make much of a difference, Glary Utilities tells me there are 171 programs, services, etc running at startup.

I attach a list of them though I know it's huge so I don't ask for someone to go through all of them, but is there a list of what startup programs (9), scheduled tasks (69), plug ins (6), application services (40) and windows services (47) are absolutely mandatory so I can disable the rest? The numbers in brackets refer to the current amount of said services.

Thank you for any help!

taoelle, Jan 1, 2019
  4. My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst...

Win 10 extremely slow boot after April 2018 update

When will Microsoft address the extremely slow boot time we experience since the "feature" update from version 1709 to 1803? My computer is unusable for 10 minutes or longer when I boot. Even sleep mode is slow and the computer is unstable for a few minutes
    after waking up.

RussellBryson, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst...

1. My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst... - Similar Threads - Computer boots extremely

2. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  3. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  4. Windows booting extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting extremely slow: Hi all,So there is a problem with my new laptop, it has been around 30 days since I brought a new laptop its a gaming laptop I mean a good one I can play any game in high to max setting with around 60+ fps but as I am a human so I am greedy, I wanted more fps so someone told...
  5. My Computer's Startup is extremely slow

My Computer's Startup is extremely slow: Hi, so first I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not amazing with computers. My friend built mine and ever since I got it, I've been having problems like the computer running slow and the startup taking upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. I've tried everything I can think...
  6. Pc showing no activity for 2 or 3 minutes during boot

Pc showing no activity for 2 or 3 minutes during boot: I have a pc that usually takes 30 seconds to load, and now it takes 3 or 4 minutes. There is a "no activity" time since the windows logo first appears and the dotted circle is spinning, until the logon window. Yes I ran scans, I updated windows and updated graphic drivers,...
  7. Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login: Hi, My HP envy m6-k015dx sleekbook was running normally with Windows until last week it started to freeze on the desktop after a few seconds of login. I booted into safe mode and disabled all Start-up apps from the Task Manager and disabled the display adapters in device...
  8. Extremely slow boot times, sometimes between 3-5 minutes. Trace files inside.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow boot times, sometimes between 3-5 minutes. Trace files inside.: Hi, So I recently built a new PC, installed a fresh Windows 10, updated to 1909 and I have extremely slow boot times. Especially on the first boot. The restarts are faster but still slow. Usually stuck on the "Restarting" and "Shutting down" a really long time. Then it is...
  9. BSOD + Extremely slow boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD + Extremely slow boot: Hi guys, So I bought my pc preassembled but without software, and I installed windows 10 onto it. Everything went fine and I was installing some programs back on, but installing certain programs (e.g. blizzard app) makes the pc have an extremely long boot time (>10 mins)....
  10. Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min): Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. glary utilities boot time consistently shows 3 min 20 seconds windows 10