Windows 10: My computer bricked because I tried to reset it?

Discus and support My computer bricked because I tried to reset it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have an Acer Aspire F15 which I gave to my brother recently. For his birthday I thought it would be cool to upgrade the wifi card since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kermitburneracct, Mar 15, 2021.

1. My computer bricked because I tried to reset it?

Hi I have an Acer Aspire F15 which I gave to my brother recently. For his birthday I thought it would be cool to upgrade the wifi card since the original one is a few years old and not nearly powerful enough to maintain the speeds it should while he's on Zoom for class, gaming, etc. However, after I installed the card, I realized I didn't install the drivers for it (it's a Killer card). I thought it was no biggie and that I could find a workaround after. The computer didn't recognize the card, and even worse it said the battery was not detected. After trying several online "fixes" we decided a hard reset was the best course of action, as the keyboard and trackpad were not working, except for the power button. Resetting it though, caused it to completely brick and BSOD immediately after logging in, with a "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" error along with wdf01000.sys. Can anyone help me or will I have to get my brother a lot more than a new wifi card?

TL;DR: I messed up and didn't install drivers for a new wifi card I was installing. Somehow this caused my laptop to fail to recognize the battery and the card. After a hard reset, it BSODs after logging in with errors SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and wdf01000.sys. Please help

submitted by /u/kermitburneracct
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kermitburneracct, Mar 15, 2021
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 15, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

My computer bricked because I tried to reset it?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

My computer bricked because I tried to reset it?

1. My computer bricked because I tried to reset it? - Similar Threads - computer bricked tried

2. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  3. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  4. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update bricked my computer: Hey Microsoft! Your rip date bricked my computer! Somehow, you people managed to break my internet adapter! I don’t receive any internet signal and I don’t know how to fix this. I will never buy any of your products again! **** you microsoft! You want to try to take my...
  6. Windows update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update bricked my computer: Thanks a lot windows! Once again you decided to update my computer without my authorization at night while I was sleeping. Except this time not only did you corrupt my C drive, you manage to also do it while I was working on an Excel file, a word file, and an ACCESS database...
  7. I cant open my pc because my windows 10 is broken and when i try to reset my computer it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant open my pc because my windows 10 is broken and when i try to reset my computer it...: my windows 10 is broken and when i try to reset my computer it says an error occurred and we can't reset your pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-pc-because-my-windows-10-is-broken/14d41a4a-3a62-4b71-abff-202ffb9c1c17
  8. I tried resetting my computer and it's stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried resetting my computer and it's stuck: So basically I went to reset my computer through windows you know the whole reset this pc option to delete all files and reinstall windows and now it's stuck on the loading at startup constantly turning off and on how do I fix it submitted by /u/_HentaiLord_ [link]...
  9. Forced update bricked my computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  10. Windows update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update bricked my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer is giving me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have tried reseting my pc, got an error, I tried resetting my pc and wiping my files, got an...