Windows 10: My Computer broke so I had to reinstall my windows but the key activation is not working at all

Discus and support My Computer broke so I had to reinstall my windows but the key activation is not working at all in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer broke one day so I had to take it to a repair shop they fix it, and all was left was to activate my windows again so we tried my code and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mark_Cheng_716, Jun 5, 2021.

1. My Computer broke so I had to reinstall my windows but the key activation is not working at all

My computer broke one day so I had to take it to a repair shop they fix it, and all was left was to activate my windows again so we tried my code and it didn't work, the windows that I owned was legit so I didn't understand why it didn't work, so I thought it could be because I didn't have the chance to deactivate the code because it suddenly broke so now I don't know how to use my windows 10. Please someone from Microsoft please help me I don't want to waste my windows 10

:)

Mark_Cheng_716, Jun 5, 2021

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 5, 2021
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Jun 5, 2021
  4. aasim1111 Win User

My Computer broke so I had to reinstall my windows but the key activation is not working at all

oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

My Computer broke so I had to reinstall my windows but the key activation is not working at all

1. My Computer broke so I had to reinstall my windows but the key activation is not working at all - Similar Threads - Computer broke reinstall

2. I want to reinstall the same windows 10 keys for my new computer because the old one was broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall the same windows 10 keys for my new computer because the old one was broke: I have windows 10 keys it’s a FPP version. I just brought a new computer and I wanna know how can I use my keys to activate windows. And I can’t access my old computer because it’s already broke....
  3. I want to reinstall the same windows 10 keys for my new computer because the old one was broke

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to reinstall the same windows 10 keys for my new computer because the old one was broke: I have windows 10 keys it’s a FPP version. I just brought a new computer and I wanna know how can I use my keys to activate windows. And I can’t access my old computer because it’s already broke....
  4. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on...
  5. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on...
  6. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. i have not windows activation key so i need a new activation key for my laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have not windows activation key so i need a new activation key for my laptop.: please send me new activation key for my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-not-windows-activation-key-so-i-need-a-new/e3af803e-a13a-4d6b-965f-52d4dfcd0b83
  8. Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys...: My main question: Does anybody have any idea as to whether an installation of a product key on the same computer after reinstallation of windows 10 will use the second product key? I purchased a Dell Precision 3630 Tower in June 2020; received it in July 2020. Since I got...
  9. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.: i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe...
  10. I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10

I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10: I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/0d1d2eae-c526-4763-83c3-24f7a490d9a7