Windows 10: My computer brought me to the setup screen for no reason after turning it on

Discus and support My computer brought me to the setup screen for no reason after turning it on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This computer is over 2 years old, and I remember already setting it up in the setup screen when I first bought it. I use it like normal every day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluecew, Jul 20, 2019.

1. bluecew Win User

My computer brought me to the setup screen for no reason after turning it on

This computer is over 2 years old, and I remember already setting it up in the setup screen when I first bought it. I use it like normal every day. Until today, when I turned it on like I do every day, the computer brought me to the setup screen instead of the desktop for no reason at all and got me confused. The day before, I didn't download anything and didn't mess with the settings or anything. So I have no idea why it brought me to the setup screen again after I've been using it for 2 years.

Anyway, the setup told me I had to create a PIN, which I didn't have, so I created one. After that, the setup skipped all the way from the setup tab to the services tab, the spinning logo appeared and started loading some things (I have no idea what), then it finally brought me to the desktop. I checked the computer and could see that nothing was touched, all of my programs were there and the computer acted like normal. So I really have no clue what happened here, this really got me confused. The PC is running the latest version of Windows 10 with all updates.

:)

bluecew, Jul 20, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 20, 2019
  4. My computer brought me to the setup screen for no reason after turning it on

Turn on num lock at log-in screen

I'm trying to turn "num lock" on when windows starts up

• Press F10 to access Setup.
    • Goto "Advanced" > "Device Options".
    • Enable "Num Lock".

Using Computer Setup (F10) Utilities Computer

Source HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-in-One PC - Computer Setup (F10) Utility

DavidPostill, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

My computer brought me to the setup screen for no reason after turning it on

1. My computer brought me to the setup screen for no reason after turning it on - Similar Threads - computer brought setup

2. My computer won’t let me exit the Aptio setup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t let me exit the Aptio setup screen: Hi my laptop suddenly froze and restarted and when it restarted it took me to the Aptio setup and when I try and exit and restart it takes me right back to this screen. My computer is an LG gram version 2.22.1284. Thank you...
  3. My computer won’t let me exit the Aptio setup screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won’t let me exit the Aptio setup screen: Hi my laptop suddenly froze and restarted and when it restarted it took me to the Aptio setup and when I try and exit and restart it takes me right back to this screen. My computer is an LG gram version 2.22.1284. Thank you...
  4. My computer won’t let me exit the Aptio setup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...: I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on...
  6. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...: I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on...
  7. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

8. Screen turning off for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning off for no reason: Whenever I go on a google meet call I don't know if it is limited to meet calls but that is when I see it happen, which is often, for school and hanging out with long-distance friends, every once in a while my entire screen will go black for a second then turn on again into...
  9. Screen turning off for no reason

Screen turning off for no reason: Whenever I go on a google meet call I don't know if it is limited to meet calls but that is when I see it happen, which is often, for school and hanging out with long-distance friends, every once in a while my entire screen will go black for a second then turn on again into...
  10. Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason: So i was cleaning my computer earlier today and getting ready for backing it up with aomei backupper, and windows decided to add a password to my user account for some reason, without notifying me first. So i tried to sign in after booting my computer, and got a message...