Windows 10: My computer can not open Start or Microsoft edge

Discus and support My computer can not open Start or Microsoft edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am a sitting duck at the desktop screen. Cant go anywhere besides microsoft store, a few other apps, control panel, and some command programs via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FR1ENDLY FIRE, Sep 29, 2018.

1. My computer can not open Start or Microsoft edge

I am a sitting duck at the desktop screen. Cant go anywhere besides microsoft store, a few other apps, control panel, and some command programs via Windows + R key.

I used the command function to force open microsoft edge through a youtube URL but the app just opens itself up and then force closes with the file system error of (-2147219196). I restarted the computer a few times and even did a few scan commands I seened around here but nothing. Just a periodic loading cursor everytime I click on Start and the rest of the hub logos I have on my desktop hot bar besides the apps (Excluding microsoft edge).

I dont know what to do because im a camper at the desktop that has already done some cleaning. Oh and theres now way settings would ever open either

:)

FR1ENDLY FIRE, Sep 29, 2018

2. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 29, 2018
  4. My computer can not open Start or Microsoft edge

Microsoft Edge can no longer be found on my computer..?

Hi John,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to view Microsoft Edge browser icon in the live tiles?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As per your query, I suggest you to check in the all apps list for Microsoft Edge browser.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start button or press
      Windows key
      on the key board.

• Click on All apps and check for
      Microsoft Edge
      under M section.

• Right click on Microsoft Edge and select
      Pin to Start.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

My computer can not open Start or Microsoft edge

1. My computer can not open Start or Microsoft edge - Similar Threads - computer open Start

2. Why my computer can not adjust brightness and microsoft edge can not sign in account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer can not adjust brightness and microsoft edge can not sign in account.: My computer can't adjust brightness and Microsoft edge can't sign in account after I upgrade to Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language and build OS is 25314.1010...
  3. Why my computer can not adjust brightness and microsoft edge can not sign in account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my computer can not adjust brightness and microsoft edge can not sign in account.: My computer can't adjust brightness and Microsoft edge can't sign in account after I upgrade to Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language and build OS is 25314.1010...
  4. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  5. Microsoft Edge is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is not opening: HiI am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? ThxAlain**...
  6. Microsoft Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge not opening: Hi I am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? Thx Alain**...
  7. Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up: Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs as soon as the computer starts up. I've tried clearing the files as per many you tube instructions. I have even completely formatted the hard drive and performed a clean install. But as soon as that is finished, it does the same...
  8. microsoft edge will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e
  9. Microsoft Edge will not start

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not start: When I click on Edge it shows the screen then closes..I looked in the event viewer and got this error message... Error Code -2147221165 This just started yesterday 15918
  10. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.: I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all. How can I fix this issue? One thing I did was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i can not open my computer login on microsoft

2. in this computer open microsoft edge