Windows 10: My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...

Discus and support My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the subject heading says, my PC cant view available wifi networks. The only way I can connect to a network is via an ethernet cable. In the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MangoGrenade, May 1, 2019.

1. My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...

As the subject heading says, my PC cant view available wifi networks. The only way I can connect to a network is via an ethernet cable. In the bottom right corner I see a Monitor with an ethernet symbol next to it not the typical wifi symbol. When I click it it brings up a small bar that says "Network and Internet settings" and when I click on those settings it takes me to the network status. How would I be able to view available wifi networks

:)

MangoGrenade, May 1, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 1, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, May 1, 2019
  4. My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

infinityxo1, May 1, 2019
Thema:

My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...

1. My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view... - Similar Threads - computer connect network

2. I can no longer connect to a wifi network since I used an ethernet cable to connect to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer connect to a wifi network since I used an ethernet cable to connect to the...: I have just changed wifi provider 1 month ago with the old internet provider I use an ethernet cable connected to a router to use the wifi network and everything works fine but with the new internet provider I no longer use an ethernet cable I use a network wirelessly the...
  3. Computer connected via ethernet, no WiFi. can i connect phone via USB to computer to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer connected via ethernet, no WiFi. can i connect phone via USB to computer to get...: My computer is connected via ethernet. WiFi and bluetooth gives me bad headaches, i think it is my human brain mass:. Seems Europe is now banning WiFi in schools for this reason too. So I have no WiFi. Can i connect my 1 year old samsung A32 phone via a USB to computer to get...
  4. Computer connected via ethernet, no WiFi. can i connect phone via USB to computer to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer connected via ethernet, no WiFi. can i connect phone via USB to computer to get...: My computer is connected via ethernet. WiFi and bluetooth gives me bad headaches, i think it is my human brain mass:. Seems Europe is now banning WiFi in schools for this reason too. So I have no WiFi. Can i connect my 1 year old samsung A32 phone via a USB to computer to get...
  5. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  6. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  7. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I was told I can fix my computer’s wifi by connecting PC to Router via Ethernet cable. How...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was told I can fix my computer’s wifi by connecting PC to Router via Ethernet cable. How...: Do I just connect the Ethernet cable to the pc, disconnect and leave, or is there a process to follow? submitted by /u/ELCHOCOCLOCO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxxg6y/i_was_told_i_can_fix_my_computers_wifi_by/
  9. How can I share a WiFi connection to another computer via direct ethernet cable?

How can I share a WiFi connection to another computer via direct ethernet cable?: Hello I have a very specific problem with a temporary setup that cannot be changed right now, and I was hoping a kind soul would be able to help me. I have a laptop and a desktop, both running latest Windows 10. The laptop can connect to a WiFi network, but the desktop...
  10. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell laptop can only connect via ethernet

2. are there computers that can only connect to ethernet

3. cannot acces to my microsoft account only via ethernet

4. why can i only connect to ethernet on my computer