Windows 10: My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and...

Discus and support My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a home LAN with 3 Win10 computers all version 1909. 2 of the 3 can access files on all 3; the other one can see all 3 but cannot access files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasSharpless, Apr 9, 2020.

1. My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and...

I have a home LAN with 3 Win10 computers all version 1909. 2 of the 3 can access files on all 3; the other one can see all 3 but cannot access files on one of them. When it tries to do that the error is 80070035 'network path not found'.

All 3 computers are set up identically with respect to the file sharing settings recommended by numerous authorities.

So it is something else -- perhaps a router or firewall issue? Please make TESTABLE suggestions only.

:)

ThomasSharpless, Apr 9, 2020

2. Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10 computer

Posted to the thread instead

flemmingkk, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Workgroup Computers are displayed as Media Devices

I have several Win10 computers on a "WORKGROUP" network. Network location is set to private on all machines with network discovery and file and printer sharing activated. Two computers are listed as workgroup computers and two as media devices. What do I have to do in order to get the media devices to show up as workgroup computers?

MisterD2016, Apr 9, 2020
  4. taward Win User

My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and...

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and...

1. My computer can see a workgroup computer but not access its files. It can both see and... - Similar Threads - computer workgroup computer

2. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  3. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  4. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I had the same problem and the fix is to delete the Trigger for FDResPub as follows:Delete The Trigger For FDResPubDeleting trigger for Function Discovery Resource Publication service to fix the network computer not showing up issues.Open the command prompt with administrator...
  6. SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I had the same problem and the fix is to delete the Trigger for FDResPub as follows:Delete The Trigger For FDResPubDeleting trigger for Function Discovery Resource Publication service to fix the network computer not showing up issues.Open the command prompt with administrator...
  7. Can my College or admin access to or see my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can my College or admin access to or see my computer?: I'm a college student and my College provide Windows 10 educational upgrade. This will sound like a stupid question, but I'd like to know if my college or admin can see or access to what I'm doing on my own pc if I use the educational upgrade? Also, is this educational...
  8. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  9. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the workgroup on my lap too