Windows 10: My computer cannot find wifi networks

Discus and support My computer cannot find wifi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EliasDuBroff, Oct 20, 2020.

1. My computer cannot find wifi networks

I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive tried all the basic fixes but nothing seems to work. Help me please

:)

EliasDuBroff, Oct 20, 2020

2. wifi network recconnects automatically to another wifi network.............

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uncheck the option to automatically connect to the network (networkprofile~), try to remove the connection by choosing forget connection and check if it helps.

Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Wi-Fi network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 20, 2020
  4. m3110w Win User

My computer cannot find wifi networks

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

My computer cannot find wifi networks

1. My computer cannot find wifi networks - Similar Threads - computer cannot find

2. Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks: [ATTACH]Hey guys! So my laptop is showing this problem. My laptop can’t connect or find any wifi networks. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-and-connect-any-wifi-networks/288ecba8-7464-4636-ba64-57db9fbecfff
  3. Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.: Sup. I have all the current updates for Windows 10 to this date. I DO get a list of networks to join, but not my Xfinity router latest, white speakerish looking thing. Router and computer are very close, no issue there. My phone, PS4, Xbox One, HP printer, and Macbook can...
  4. Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer

Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer: Hello, my computer has been struggling to find any wifi network for the last 2 days. i have restarted both the computer and my router thinking it may solve the problem but it hasnt. This has only recently occured after a new windows update, please help....
  5. Cannot find some network computer

Cannot find some network computer: I did a comptuter reset on windows 10 computer. Now I cannot find some of network computer's. The network computer can be found by all the other computers on LAN. I tried to update network adapter driver, change discovery of computer to automatic delayed start on both...
  6. My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi

My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi: My computer has previously been connecting to the internet but now suddenly cannot find the WiFi. I am sitting right beside the modem and it is working correctly (my phone and my partner's computer connect correctly). When I use the trouble shooter it asks me to select a...
  7. File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network

File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network: All my computers and laptops are on one network at home, and the network connections in each computer are all set to private with network discovery on and file and print sharing on. Sometimes one will show up, but most of the time none do. The computers are all on and awake...
  8. Cannot find computer between WiFi and Ethernet

Cannot find computer between WiFi and Ethernet: Hello, We have several laptops on WiFi and several desktops on Ethernet. On all of them I have network discovery turned on for all profiles. I can access all desktops from any desktop and all laptops from any laptop but I cannot access a laptop on WiFi from a wired...
  9. Wifi status appears as a dashed line - cannot find networks (though my computer connects to...

Wifi status appears as a dashed line - cannot find networks (though my computer connects to...: I've lost the network icon on my taskbar and more importantly I'm unable to find any networks. My network status appears as a dashed line (see picture); troubleshooting results in the error message "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting". I've...
  10. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi: I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi). Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and share files both ways and all works perfectly. Using WiFi on the laptop I can connect with the desktop machine but not the...